Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] 2-Factor Authentication

Spotify should, as a matter of good practice and safety, implement 2-step authentication.

Previously, Spotify enabled the option to log out other sessions other than the current session.

This would prevent hackers from stealing accounts, which would additionaly lead to less account hacks and less work for Spotify employees to assist in these cases.

More info: https://twofactorauth.org

Updated on 2018-10-18

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. We’re ready to mark this idea as ‘Under Consideration’. 

We are currently investigating various solutions for account security for our users, e.g. 2-factor authentication. Any news regarding user-facing security updates will be posted to this thread as a status change.

If you'd like further information about protecting your account please visit our Support Site here.

Comments
hamstervision

+1 - just had my Spotify account hacked and while the team were great in recovering my account, I'm still uneasy at the idea that someone was using my account to listen to Boyce Avenue (apparently).

RedDown

I'm a owner of a Spotify Family subscription and I'm worried what will happen if someone gets into my account. 2FA would solve so many of my security problems. 

ZebraInFlames

I simply cannot belive that it's been over two years since this was posted, and Spotify has done absolutely nothing about it. I'm tempted to switch another source for music because of this blatant disregard for customer security.

GaryHallford

The time has come to an end any threats from outside. While this may not be the most foolproof method, it should be able to eliminate enough threats to make sure the customer is protected. 

AlexTH

My account got stolen for 8 hours and I did not get aware until I get kicked out of my own session. I should at least receive an email if a misterious login occour.

ItsJamesJ

Preach

arcadely

Hello!

It's 2017.

Recently, Computers across Europe were hacked. Hacking is still a thing.

2 Factor is a necessity. Almost 400 people agree. It's time to reconsider this concept. 

Booya16

Couldn't agree more. Come on Spotify....It's high time we got an update regarding progress on this critical security enhancement. 

Keanen

How is it possible that this isn't already a feature? 

Guut_Boy

It is really strange (and somewhat embarrassing) that Spotify does not offer this option yet. It is completely normal practice these days.