Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
labtes

Yet another request.

How can this be marked as "not right now" by Spotify when most companies allow for user id change, thus url change?

Can't Spotify generate account #'s instead and allow freedom of user id & url & short url branding? This would make many people happy as well as the ability to write brief introductions to one's public playlists. 

walterkinker

Eu preciso trocar meu username pq fiz em nome do meu chefe enquanto deveria feito em outro nome... Vamos lá spotify.

DindiOliveira

Just to leave my request as well.

I used to combine Facebook and Spotify and have since then cancelled my FB account. I managed to keep a functioning spotify premium account with all my friends and playlists, but now appear as a random number nobody can identify.

The possibility to change to my name or a chosen username would be deeply appreciated, and it baffles me that it is not the case.

Hello! 

I really want to change my username!  

omerseven
I want to change my account name spotify should add this option
omerseven
Change account name
hardykill

Was searching for this option for decades! Please add it, since it would be a great idea instead of my nickname 🙂

Matanah-4U

...so finding out now to change my username it´s not so easy! In the first place i´m not linked with facebook

or anyother social network. So for the first time it worked with my old username, but now ´til i changed to the

premium version it´s not so funny getting stalked by someone. Therefore i have to change my username...in anyway

if i don´t get any answer from SPOTIFY neither, i´ll leave this real good way, to stream music, having a look

"round the corner", want to say that in general i´m surprised of the real big, big song - specially old song base

SPOTIFY is responsible for. So i´m talking about in a positive way. But this thing with the username: it does´nt

work anymore and i´m pretty sure i´ll find a new way to get music i pay for and i can get some more reliability

and flexibility - i bet for! And i don´t like this thing with Facebook or whatelse...So maybe somewone can give 

me an advice now...or in the beginning of january 2016

Matanah-4U

Please what?

Spotify is making this idea like ´not right now´ 

in febr. 2015?

So i really think thats time enough to have an option or ideas for such a simple thing: changing a username...

I´m getting indignant about this solution & i´m disappointed at this too...but who cares?