Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
Alex990

I have the same problem, in my user this as many numbers is this and frustrating, because I paid the primium should have at least the right, to change the username. fix it. hsususu

You need to change this! I am seriously considering ending my subscription over this! I have a long, ridiculous username that no one could memorize. Allow us to change our username!!!

MathNerd314

I submitted a username when creating my account but it randomly changed it. Why?

Sammi8805

My brother chose my username and I really would like to change it without creating a new account. I would have to cancel my subscription to premium and probably will not re join as Spotify is not fixing these problems many people are having. 

jnardine1

I agree heartily!  I entered a username when I signed up but your system assigned me some randomly generated number-letter combo that's impossible to remember.  Not useful.

daturtlequeen

ahh ive been wanting to change username for quite some time now. its too cheesy for me! i hope soon you will be able to implement a way for spotify users to change there username if they dont like it or if they are "assigned" a username they do not deisre. Thanks!

therealexel
Attention Spotify Staff and CEO

The fact that we cannot edit our usernames is complete and utter BS!!! We
are paying customers and deserve this option/feature. What if we want to
create a playlist and get people to want to follow it? Who would want to
follow a playlist from someone named c299kkkDOOOOO329?

Seriously, and look at how many people in this thread want this feature..
For years!!! not days or weeks.... I'm sure you guys make enough money from
paying customers to add such a simple feature.
fantasticxfour

I want to change my username so badly please just make a simple option to change username! Something like tiwtter where you have a handle and then your name above it!!

It'd be really great to be able to change usernames. I'm surprised this feature hasn't been implemented yet as it appears there are many users who would benefit from the change. 

mfitz

Just added my wife and kids to my account. Each and every one of them hates the random username they were assigned by Spotify. What planet are you guys on? Don't you know that the most precious thing in the world to people is their name? Usernames are almost as important. Giving people machine-generated IDs is dehumanizing and rude. Good programmers can fix this sort of issue. Hire some.