Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
anikam
they made the status “not right now” um :((
vnwtnaqcq2qdudx

what is this ridiculous user name you have given me, why cant it be something simple that we all remember.

BurcuEndes

Hello all! You have said atm you're not planning on letting us change our usernames, ok, so how come some other people can actually change it? ie https://open.spotify.com/user/brunchonchestnut

mo666

Actually, I was never offered a user name. I was just assigned random numbers.

fudtbear

So, somehow, I was assigned some random forever long username and I can't sign in just using my email.  Now I look on here and see that there is no thought on changing it.  I use the same username for all my accounts and have never varied. No way I want to try to remember and go by ka189czcrgn0p2xdw0qutsyg0.  I mean, for real, they could not have made it more annoyingly difficult.  Would have liked to give this service a chance, was trying to move my PAID FOR Groove subscription there.  Guess they don't want me.

mariat05

but why? what is the reason why we can't change our username?

Priskina

My premium account belong to a familiy account. It´s not possible for me to change the username (s3mdl68f0mq98v....) Is it possible that die Spotify support / administration can do it on demand? I wont like the facebook solution. I dont like facebook at all. Please give me advice, how i can change it without deleting my account. It would helpfull, my family admin (=father) could change is. He can´t.

ChurinChu

I would love to see this happen

fatimahrosario

I agree, this is actually a really good idea. It would be really great if Spotify releases this feature in the future.

NotGiberish

How about if I update my paid subcription to "not right now" and switch over to Amazon.  That will eliminate the issue from my side.