Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
horsefrnd

I hope this counts as a vote to make this simple and basic change.  However, looking at the history of this thread and the complete absense of even a semblence of customer support, I suspect it will never change.  Pity, good music, NON EXISTENT HELP.  All you can do is vote with your feet, as in cancellation.

What is the bullsh*t with "Not Right Now"...
I PAY FOR A SERVICE - Part of that service is to be able to share a playlist with friends, I can't share that playlist if my username is a mile long and made up of gibberish.
This "Community Support" sideshow is also pathetic AND OF NO USE AT ALL.

1. GET F^*K^% CUSTOMER SUPPORT - WE PAY FOR IT.
2. People have requested usernames - Personal one that allow for specific functions like sharing - People don't care whether you feel like doing it "not right now" -
DO IT ANYWAY. WE PAY FOR IT.

DO IT OR I STOP PAYING AND CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION.

kwj1-b_zk22s

Don't worry Spotify developers, you can continue doing nothing. Not even such a simple change. I'm switching to Apple Music. Apparently having a much bigger song collection is not their only advantage to Spotify 🙂

asciiM0

Welcome to spotify's unconcealed arrogance: Thousands of paying users have a request... they all can be sure it will be ignored by the developers (you can even call yourself lucky, if they condescend to put a "not right now" or "rejected" to your idea).

There also seems to be no need to explain their highly incomprehensible decisions like holding on to the 3333 songs limit or the stubborn refusal of giving users the ability to change their usernames -  to just mention two requests THOUSANDS of users are having for YEARS now!

I doubt any connection between the staff of this community and spotify at all so requests are just NOT forwarded to the software developers of spotify.

Spotify prefers to ignore, reject and not comment.

Now... how does it feel to pay for being slapped in your face? (that's just how it feels to me!)

Nicu

How about what I propose here: add a Display Name field to user account

Sounds to me like an easy to implement, non-intrusive feature. Please vote the linked idea in order to bring it to Spotify's attention.

0d-psn_6h16eo

It is so embarrassing when I copy my share link and put it in my Instagram bio and it's a huge link with a chain of numbers and letters at the end. 

Please let us change our usernames or at least edit the end of the share link.

thegorgon55

Yes this would seriously be helpful to me because I would like to share my playlists with people online but my current username shows my full name because I was stupid and young when I made it. I obviously don’t want random strangers seeing my full name so I would love to be able to change it. Please reconsider thank you ❤️

noahspotify

I don't understand how this is yet to be implemented?

All we're asking is to change our user name, not our account ID. As many of us signed up with Facebook, we have a random string of numbers as our username. Almost every modern website/service allows you to change your username. Even better, allow us to convert from a Facebook account/sign-in, to a regular Spotify account.

Would love to hear an update about this.

djrelicnnsw

As I use spotify in my business as a dj and promote it and PAY FOR IT! I need to be able to change it for marketing purposes and add a profile pic, it doesnt seem I can do this.

As a underground dj for 20+ years i think this gives an unfair disadvantage in a marketing purspective as I am now about to go mainstream. I really dont want to have to start all over again with profile as i have over 115 playlists that I use when playing out. 

Can you please fix this guys?

ps im not knocking sptify it kicks **bleep**

noahspotify

Speaking about changing usernames: Suddenly my Profile Name changed.

See here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Suddenly-my-profile-name-changed/m-p/4549223