Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
asavagecomposer

Even the most basic of implementations such as this Spotify can't handle. What a joke.

jf38

There was an error when I set up account.  I requested a display name to the account.  However, the name was not saved.  There is no way to go back and recreate account without disabling the entire family.  That is crazy!!  There should be a way to correct the user name

Recherche7

It's been 5 years and it is still not implemented?? I hate seeing numbers as my name!! My friend see it too and it's also on my playlists. This is silly!!

This sucks! It's almost 2020 and you guys still struggling to create a feature where people could simple change their username!!!!!

There you go guys, lots of opportunities to create a better service. Build and people will come.

isabellawoood

why is this not already possible?? stupid

Come on Spotify... get this implemented already...

lucasmezs

In Deezer it's very easy to change the username, and I'm not paying for premium service there, as with Spotify. I notice a lot of diversity marketing and little real voice to users' desires, such as changing the name that no longer represents their current identity. This is about break users expectations with a boring restricted experience.

stretchyRex

Being able to change my username from the initial long combination of random letters and numbers would be really amazing, please let us change our usernames!

Lydia_Marie

Its annoying how this is still not a thing. My username is "Kittenpower". Sounds stupid right? EXACTLY. Spotify needs to change this.

Not being able to change my Spotify username is the most frustrating part of the platform, and I've considered Apple Music because of it. I originally made my profile with Facebook and was given a random series of numbers and letters. I no longer have Facebook, and it is now overwhelmingly difficult to follow my friends on Spotify. I considered getting a new account, but I don't want to have to resave all my music and lose my progress towards my "Top Songs 2019," as I love that feature of the platform. Sharing songs with my friends is one of the biggest strengths of an app like Spotify, and being unable to change my garbage username makes that unnecessarily difficult.