Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
nagiitok

I can't believe this still isn't a feature.

What gets me is they let us change our names on the community forums here, which means they have the resources and knowledge to code it.

Get it done, Spotify.

Somehow I don't think this will ever be possible.  It's like asking a bank to change your account number - It's hardcoded in so many datasets that linking a change in username to a historic username will be impossible.  If you don't start using primary keys then you're never getting out of it.

TRobbs
It's software. It's possible.
RantalaFamily

Ridiculous that this isn't an option. 

rioaditomo

Years have passed and we still can't change our display name like wth!

TheMusicBelow

I used to have the username TheMusic Below now for some reason it's just some random account numbers and letters. In this day and age not being able to change a name seems very backwards thinking. I simply don't understand the logic here as it would be easy to implement. 

alyssaquinones

Since you have so many users requesting to change their username, don't you think maybe that should be a feature you could work on?  Do you have any plans to work on this in the future? Please advise.  Thank you for your time.

ahonestlie

AGREE! And it's about to be 2020

Not being able to change your Spotify profile name is just ridiculous. It's 2019, you ought to know how to handle name changes. Some people change names over the course of their lives. Your app is **bleep** for them. Some people didn't think about it when creating their account, expecting to be able to update later, as with *any* *other* *major* *app*. Your app is **bleep** for them. Please try to make your app (and website) better for everyone.

TetTheTeddy

Hello i am fully aware that you cant change your name but i stream online to a handful of people every day who i DONT want knowing my full name which displays on my Spotify (my music app of choice) is there anywhere to hide my username? i mean i pay for**bleep** its not just like I can make a new account and not use my the PREMIUM I PAY FOR!