[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Flo30
Visitor

Not being able to change your Spotify profile name is just ridiculous. It's 2019, you ought to know how to handle name changes. Some people change names over the course of their lives. Your app is **bleep** for them. Some people didn't think about it when creating their account, expecting to be able to update later, as with *any* *other* *major* *app*. Your app is **bleep** for them. Please try to make your app (and website) better for everyone.

TetTheTeddy
Visitor

Hello i am fully aware that you cant change your name but i stream online to a handful of people every day who i DONT want knowing my full name which displays on my Spotify (my music app of choice) is there anywhere to hide my username? i mean i pay for**bleep** its not just like I can make a new account and not use my the PREMIUM I PAY FOR! 

mCo0L
Visitor

It really annoys that we cannot change it. I don't want to see a random number in my face every time I open the app.

I don't like this.

hierophant20xx

How is this not a feature in 2019?

mCo0L
Visitor

I don't know if they don't want to do it or they don't have capable enough developers to do so.

JackH429
Casual Listener
The same way we don’t have Live lyrics or any lyrics for that matter in
2019, the way we have no high fidelity option, and that we don’t have the
option of change the user photo or playlist photo on mobile.
TRobbs

However... in 2019... you have the option to vote with your dollar.  Cancel your Spotify subscription and find a better service.  Until more people do this, there is no motivation for streaming services, like Spotify, to change their approach to serving the customers.

kinathur323

This is such a basic feature, it's stupid that it's not available.
I made this account years ago at like, midnight, and I've been stuck with this darn typo ever since then because of my own stupidity and because spotify won't let me change my username. Pretty much every other service out there would let me, but it seems Spotify just doesn't want to help with user's ease of access.