Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as new idea and added "Change" in the title to make it easier to find via search. 😉

JJJensen

I really need mine changed, my brother created my username as a joke when he gifted it to me for chirstmas and now I can't change it... the username is frattydouche, which I despise

blake

@JJJensen, while you can't currently change your name, Spotify customer service can help you create a new account (with a better username) and transfer over your playlists and subscriptions. You'll have to get in touch with Spotify staff through the contact form, and they'll be able to sort this out for you.

rexewilde

As a person who has recently had a name change it would be GREAT to be able to change the username more easily.  I will definitely be following up through the contact form to create a new account, but think it would be a nice option for Spotify to have in general.

beemelv

While the idea of getting a new account and transferring everything is a very easy solution for Spotify, I find it worthwhile to just be given the option to change it (maybe limit the amount of changes or the timeframe in which a username can be changed) because 1) it is so much more convenient than filling out a contact form and waiting to hear back from Spotify (we are your consumers and we are looking for immediate gratification) and 2) your consumers have followers/friends following their accounts and some users do not want to lose the amount of followers they have or a playlist of theirs has.

FalconVIII

YESSSSS!!!! This needs to happen sooo bad. I made an account age's ago, and now hate the name I have. I've just make this new account, but I have over 5k in songs in the old account, and due to the new upgrade I will have to add each of these songs individually but ticking each one, and that would be a Huge hassle @.@. Be Total Epicness!!!! X Infinity if Spotify could give this option, and like people are saying, limit the amount of times you can change, lol, I don't care as long as I can change it just this once. XD

Hakwerk

I just want to change one letter in my username. To a capital sign. Let me change it, so my name is correctly displayed.

faazshift

It's rather ridiculous that a feature as basic as this wasn't included from the beginning. Being a developer for a large-scale organization, I can't see any reason whatsoever for that not being the case. And even if their system is convoluted enough, it should be pretty easy to write a simple migration script to take care of everything. Heck, if they would let me, I'd be glad to do it for them. Anyhow, considering how difficult being unable to change an AUTOMATICALLY CHOSEN NUMERIC USERNAME makes my life when it comes to spotify, I think it really ought to be fixed ASAP. As a paying customer, I hope they make this some kind of a priority.

camillo75

Home --> My Settings : Personal profile : Username : Change Username

Is not this? Am I missing something?

Maybe this is only possible for a non Facebook account?

MattSuda

@camillo75 

That's only to change your username on this community forum. Not your actual Spotify login username