Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments

Being able to change my displayed name would be nice: I'd like to share my account with people without disclosing my full name.

Kryplbauch

Can you change my nickname to the same as i have in facebook? I dont want create new account, because i am premium user.

Thx

Sonya-Liora_528

I got the acct for a now ex boyfriend as a gift but i paid with my card, he never used once so i decided to use myself since it was paid for 3 months. but i dont want anyone on facebook or friends to see that the user name is his name. Can they? Can I block seeing??? hide this for me n ill keep nam...

officercritical

Yes we need to be able to change usernames

oliverhh90

i dont know how to change name on spotify.

zémixto

I want to change my username too. =/

aspapaspali

please tell me, how can i change my username?

jazzmeister

I added my wife to a family account. She's listed as a number, not with her username of choice. Frustrating. To my friends at Spotify, one of the main reasons I've stuck with the service is because of the great catelogue of music (even over Apple's Music). You've got a good following, it seems strange that with so many people posting a comment about this subject in the forum, and wanting to maintain a strong community reputation, you'd bumpt this up on your hotlist. 

Don't send us a report that it really isn't anything the company has considered. Tell us this is a valid concern, and changes are coming shortly. Great music product, but you guys have been here long enough to have worked on something like this.

Can I get an "Amen" Spotify paying members?

foxzami

Spotify promised years ago they were "working on it" in regards to changing usernames.  Why is this so hard?  Come on, fix it already!!! This is what you do!

fatty100kg

This is really not possible? The easiest thing to do... Spotify sucks big time for this. I can't event get a new password for my account since (it's not coming to my mail, really... what the..) I don't know my "spotify password" 'cause I always use it through facebook.. but of course in PS4 it doesn't support facebook login.

U-n-be-ellelcvi-----ble, **bleep** man