[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Related Ideas

Comments
Lydia_Marie

Its annoying how this is still not a thing. My username is "Kittenpower". Sounds stupid right? EXACTLY. Spotify needs to change this.

bendotjpg

Not being able to change my Spotify username is the most frustrating part of the platform, and I've considered Apple Music because of it. I originally made my profile with Facebook and was given a random series of numbers and letters. I no longer have Facebook, and it is now overwhelmingly difficult to follow my friends on Spotify. I considered getting a new account, but I don't want to have to resave all my music and lose my progress towards my "Top Songs 2019," as I love that feature of the platform. Sharing songs with my friends is one of the biggest strengths of an app like Spotify, and being unable to change my garbage username makes that unnecessarily difficult.

nagiitok
Visitor

I can't believe this still isn't a feature.

What gets me is they let us change our names on the community forums here, which means they have the resources and knowledge to code it.

Get it done, Spotify.

Visitor

Somehow I don't think this will ever be possible.  It's like asking a bank to change your account number - It's hardcoded in so many datasets that linking a change in username to a historic username will be impossible.  If you don't start using primary keys then you're never getting out of it.

TRobbs
It's software. It's possible.
RantalaFamily

Ridiculous that this isn't an option. 

rioaditomo

Years have passed and we still can't change our display name like wth!

TheMusicBelow
Visitor

I used to have the username TheMusic Below now for some reason it's just some random account numbers and letters. In this day and age not being able to change a name seems very backwards thinking. I simply don't understand the logic here as it would be easy to implement. 

alyssaquinones
Visitor

Since you have so many users requesting to change their username, don't you think maybe that should be a feature you could work on?  Do you have any plans to work on this in the future? Please advise.  Thank you for your time.

ahonestlie

AGREE! And it's about to be 2020