Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments

Spotify shoud fix this as soon as possibly!

Bruce González

etherealsof

I really think this should be looked into, as it would be much easier for us all consumers.

dvalerydivt2307

I made a mistake creating my username and I can't change it. I want to know if it is possible to do. 

marcolopespt

This is a MUST! When are you going to implement this?

tamliz

This username issue is rediculous. If Spotify needs to assign a completely unrelated set of numbers and characters to your profile for their purposes of monitoring then why not assign that as an Account ID number and let the user choose their own username that they and their friends and family can relate to.

MrPete

Fully agree. My username is a long and complex series ... as if it were a password! I never had a chance to set it.

Get13Bus

So everyone, what spotify is saying since you are getting spotify for free, f*** u all, Spotify is making it hard for ALL free members to log into Spotify to enjoy the music on Spotify. Reason being is if Spotify wasn't saying this, Spotify would their members to pick their own pernenant Spotify username. Period!

Chrystaltop123

I can't believe that this is also the best use of Spotify's employees time to move playlists from old account into a new one.

At least I was really annoyed to realize that you can't easily (without commiting hour or two) change your username. One needs to create a new account, wait the subsription to end (or is this a plan to get multiple subscriptions from one person?), email to Spotify to move the playlists or move the playlist one track on a time. This feels medieval.

LemonDreams

With other profile-based platforms, usernames can be changed, even if it requires a subscription level of membership in order to do so. This isn't even Napster; we can't download music, so at least offer the ability of a mere username change.

Pay the programmers. Make it happen. Then say happy birthday to everyone.

therealexel

I also find it ridiculous that people cannot change their usernames.. Mind you, this is 3 years later and still no resolution.