Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Quickly switch between saved Accounts

English:

I just ask to be able to use several different accounts from the same device.

Spanish:

Tan solo pido poder usar varias cuentas diferentes desde un mismo dispositivo.

Updated on 2024-04-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the option to switch between accounts is being implemented. We'll start with Android mobile devices and tablets. Remember this is slowly being rolled out for everyone, so if you don't see it now, just make sure to keep your app up to date.

image.png

At the moment, we don’t have any info to share about when this will be available for iOS users. Rest assured that any news will be posted here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated: 2016-02-11

Marked as New Idea and translated title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Completely agree! This is so annoying, I'd love to be able to switch btwn my husband and my account. He is away, using spotify and if i used his account i kick him off. I'd like to easily be able to toggle similar to the Chrome browser set up.

bootsware

Android version needs integration with Tasker as well.

Use case:  Android kitchen tablet to display Spotify UI.  Spotify user swipes NFC tag with their phone.  This informs the tablet which user's Spotify profile to switch to.  Tablet begins playing a playlist from logged in user.

KarenJudson

Given the one account can only playback on a single device at one time. This should be a given feature. Account holder goes out and switches to their phone, what happens to those left in the house listening to the shared spotify on the stereo? Should be simple as to switch accounts at home (Spotify, also results in potential for more premium accounts).

This looks like a no-brainer and profitable feature to add Spotify, make it so.

K

pistachiossssss

We have a Spotify account that plays the music for the office, as well as personal Spotify accounts for listening with headphones to get work done. Currently to adjust the office background music one must log out of their personal Spotify account, log in to the office account, and then go back. 

This feature would be great for this scenario.

NonMexicanBeane

Great Idea! This would SERIOUSLY help me out because my girlfriend and I use the same computer. I often have to log out of her account and switch to mine. Its even more inconvenient when I decide "well, I figure it wouldn't hurt to use her account," but nope! She usually wants to listen to music and so we play this game of tag trying to figure out why the music keeps pausing and playing. I think this would make an EXCELLENT addition to Spotify!

Please do it, Spotify. If you're asking us to take on the Family Premium accounts, this feature should be standard. 

dxmachina

This is absolutely essential in many circumstances. We have a family account and often play music for our kids. But all the pop and Disney music screws up my recommendations. What a pain to switch accounts!

Aivean

Absolutely agree. We have separate Spotify accounts for Amazon Echoes at home and at work in addition to personal accounts. It's a pain for me, my wife and collegues to switch accounts on mobile and desktop client to control the playback on shared devices.

nagoli77

It should be fantastic to easily switch from an account to another. My wife and I have a different account and listen to different music. At home my account is used. And the music my wife listen to at home makes that the recommandations of Spotify are no more relevant for me.