Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Quickly switch between saved Accounts

English:

I just ask to be able to use several different accounts from the same device.

Spanish:

Tan solo pido poder usar varias cuentas diferentes desde un mismo dispositivo.

Updated on 2024-04-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the option to switch between accounts is being implemented. We'll start with Android mobile devices and tablets. Remember this is slowly being rolled out for everyone, so if you don't see it now, just make sure to keep your app up to date.

image.png

At the moment, we don’t have any info to share about when this will be available for iOS users. Rest assured that any news will be posted here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
lotekjunky

I've been posting on this thread since 2016 and I say it actually kind of works. I put in an Echo Input device hooked up to my stereo. Then I set a profile for me, and my wife, and anyone else. At that point, when I tell alexa to play some music, it knows it is me talking, switches to my spotify account and streams my playlists and music. When the wife plays some of here music, same thing... it all goes to her account. Not what any of us were asking for, but it seems to fill the roll.

It would be almost perfect if they made a "private listening" mode where anything I listen to doesn't affect my auto-playlists.

I tried google music, amazon music, and even tidal. They all suck more than Spotify. This inconvenience wasn't enough to make me switch all of these years, and I think the new solution is at least passable and doesn't leave me feeling like I've been ignored... just mostly ignored, not TOTALLY 100% ignored. (It would have been nice if they took 2 minutes from their busy schedule to update us on their grand roadmap plan. I would have waited patiently but instead I explored every opportunity to leave. I didn't. That's what they were counting on I suppose.)

Roydenouter

But isn't that the point Lotekjunky, one person uses it the way you do. Another uses a smart TV / soundbar setup. Some use a variety of devices throughout the house. Imagine having to login into all these devices by hand everytime some family member wants to listen to that device. Or that you need to have your phone with you as a sort of Spotify remote control gadget. It does not work.

Mind you, they invented this Family setup to conquer whole households...and it's a smart move. But you have to make sure your software is up for it as well. You mention that there is no alternative...you are right, I'm afraid. And, because of this algorithm of theirs I am more or less dependent of Spotify. I will not find this anywhere else 😞

When this idea was placed on this forum there were no such devices yet as Siri or Google home...you have found a short cut with technology that was developed after the fact. 

It's quit simple to me....for any device, on any platform, develop Spotify to startup and after that to choose your profile. This must be a possibility Spotify. You would make us all happy AND I can guarantee you that you will indeed consume all these households.

lotekjunky

I never said it was the point. I said this is what they've done and it mostly works. They completely ignored us for years and this is what we got. Re-read my 2 or 3 recent posts.

eaasen

Any updates on this?
With the new playlists On repeat and old old favorites, it is really annoying that I get all the songs that I played for the kids. When I want to play music for them from my unit I would like to be able to avoid having this in "my history" and popping up as recommendations for me. 

miloszrolinski

Hello Spotify. Please consider this feature, especially on devices which are likely to be shared between users(TVs, Roku, AppleTV etc). 

Goodman
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-12-04

Hi everyone, we like this idea, but at this time we're not looking at implementing it just yet.

ektorbarajas

This should be a top priority feature! Why the community manager flagged this as “not now”

a lot of comments and a lot of likes clearly indicate the demand and need of this feature.  Is not that hard to implement!

mikelieb
not right now = don't buy family plans anymore!!!!!

ToG_128

I find it incredibly ridiculous that this is not already implemented. My household has to type in our respective emails & passwords every time we want access to our own accounts. The opposite of user-friendly.

ALF2000

You guys are crazy for not making the AppleTV app compatible with family accounts. Should have Netflix style navigation at the root directory. Just do it Spotify.