Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Quickly switch between saved Accounts

English:

I just ask to be able to use several different accounts from the same device.

Spanish:

Tan solo pido poder usar varias cuentas diferentes desde un mismo dispositivo.

Updated on 2024-04-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the option to switch between accounts is being implemented. We'll start with Android mobile devices and tablets. Remember this is slowly being rolled out for everyone, so if you don't see it now, just make sure to keep your app up to date.

image.png

At the moment, we don’t have any info to share about when this will be available for iOS users. Rest assured that any news will be posted here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
zinvob

Pointless having spotify on our family tablets without this..

eggiers

Now that I have kids who are mucking up my account with their music, we will drop Spotify and try Apple Music if this doesn’t get fixed. 

Helix

I have a family subscription, and set up accounts for the kids so that their choices do not show up in my discover weekly, etc. Also they got an old tablet of mine to listen to their selection. But still they ask for their music when they don't have the tablet around, eg. in the car.

When I have a family subscription there should be an easy way to switch between the sub-accounts. Eg. consider how Netflix allows you to switch profiles.

sheavek

Absolute no brainer. This is the one thing missing.

scaud

Yes please! I don't want my child's lullabies and fairy tales turning up in my Discover Weekly or Release Radar playlists.

jonstorer

Spotify just released a kids version of the app.  https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/3/31/21200272/spotify-kids-playlist-rollout-app-launch-be...

this solve the issue for those of us wanting to separate kids’ music. 

nateofstate

With the prevalence of smart homes now, this is quickly becoming a required feature.  I'm surprised that Spotify is still saying that they aren't interested in implementing this feature yet. 

My account is linked to my Google Home, so when my wife wants to listen to music on Google Home, my account is hijacked.  I'd love to attach one of our extra family accounts to Google Home, but then I wouldn't be able to control it from my phone.

d-roam

This really needs to be added. My wife and I have a little one (less than 1 year) who loves to listen to a couple playlists we've made for him, plus we have a bedtime playlist that helps get him into the bedtime routine. Because of this, our recommendations from Spotify are constantly filled with Disney songs, cute kiddie songs, and lullabies...

It would be great if we could create an account to use when playing his songs. We have a Family subscription, so we technically could do this now... but we'd have to log out of ours and into his, and vice-versa, constantly. ... And trust me, when it's bedtime and your baby has already been tired and grumpy for an hour and is about to blow a gasket, you don't have time to log out, type in an email and password, and find the right playlist.

A quick account switch is a must-have.

ektorbarajas

I really don't get why Spotify is not just implementing this, is not that difficult and is a feature that some competitors already have

Mark_Hazeldine

Unbelievable Spotify. Over 1000 votes now. This was a huge reason for me signing up for the Family account, thinking I could do this, and now I find I can't. Surely this would be technically simple to do. This feature was requested 4 YEARS ago. Just get on with it. This is 2020 guys, nearly every multi-account app allows easy switching these days.