Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Quickly switch between saved Accounts

English:

I just ask to be able to use several different accounts from the same device.

Spanish:

Tan solo pido poder usar varias cuentas diferentes desde un mismo dispositivo.

Updated on 2019-12-04

Hi everyone, we like this idea, but at this time we're not looking at implementing it just yet.

Comments

At a minimum, please create this feature on the PC application so when using the family shared computer we can switch between different accounts within the Family Premium subscription

helledan

Hi there - I just posted a similar idea not seeing that someone else already posted it.

Here is what i wrote - really hope Spotify will do this:

When having af Family subscribtion and sharing the benefit with your wife/husband and children - It would be nice to have the option to easily switch between the 6 accounts on any devices.

Every account should accept the "extended easy switch option on all devices" to option in on that feature.

All accounts that has activated the Easy Switch feature will have the option to see all other accounts with Easy Switch activated and switch to them.

When logging into one account on a device, using one of the family accounts, that device becomes the primary playing device of that specific account.

Trying to play a playlist on that specific account from the another device with another account with "easy switch" will prompt a dialog on the already playing device of that specific account to accept change of playing device.

This would make it easier to play "your" list on the family devices like the desktop computer, family tablet and so - even when driving and listening to spotify in your car.

This would be much more easy for young children in the family to learn - instead of sharing uri's to collaborate on playlists. Its not easy for young childring to share playlists or be able to logout and login on the family devices with their own accounts
My children are not yet old enough to have a facebook profile - and our computers and tablets/phones is not devided into account for each family member (not practical).

But with this - my 8 year old girl and even my 6 year old, could play their favorite playlists on the family computer or on the family tablet connected to the bluethooth in the car.

Come on Spotify - please do this.

danhansen

Please make this - would be so nice.

Imcyberpunk

I completely agree.  I have a premium family account, and we have a central home pc, I use my personal account for work related things as well as when driving, we need quick ways to switch accounts at home. 

lkrulik

Seems like this would be table stakes when Spotify announced the family plan.  And now that Spotify can control my home Sonos speakers, I need this even more.  

VeraJunior

I would love this for our Samsung Smart TV, instead of having to use the awkward onscreen keyboard where you have to select each letter with the remote. For the members of our family that do not have a smartphone to 'connect' to log in it is a huge bother to log in that way, if only once was enough would be much nicer.

JambalayaJonez

I totally agree.   Please make this change! 

phroggar

Have the ability to switch your profile, even without the need to have multiple accounts.

Use Case: 

My personal music preference differs completely, when i am alone vs. when i'm using Spotify with my family/kids. 

Feature: 

Allow the creation of profiles/context which will switch the available playlists and mixes. [Similar to Netflix Profiles]

I think this feature would be useful even on single accounts, but i could also think of a version, where the family accounts could be linked to allow sharing of these profiles. 

Example Contexts:

- Me Driving: (Will have a lot of Aggro Music)

- Me Dining with Friends: (Will have 80s Music)

- Me with my Kids: (Will have Audiobooks and Kids Music)

Benefits:

- Spotifiy Scrobbling / Profiling / Recommendations / Mixes are matching the right context

- Third Party Speakers can be easily used without the need to re-configure different accounts (most speakers get confused with multiple accounts). [Same as with Netflix running on a single TV]

itsme54

I have a similar request. I did a search before posting but did not find this thread, so I made a new one, it is here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Your-Music-Option-to-switch-between-family...

sparkyarmadillo

I was really hoping this was a feature and I'm actually surprised it's not, especially with the Spotify Family plans. Not all members of the family have their own specific computers, so it seems obvious that there should be an option to quickly switch between accounts without the whole hassle of logging in and out.