Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Social] Sharing content with friends directly through Spotify

I think it would be very useful if Spotify implemented a feature where you can send songs directly to your friends on the Spotify app. Don't know if anyone has thought of this but it would be incredibly useful and I think Spotify should implement it. Like some kind of direct messaging service within the app instead of having to go to an external app. Thanks. 

Updated on 2023-07-30

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
ronniejk

I believe it would be a successful idea to incorporate a direct message into the Spotify app. It would be similar to a DM feature on other apps like Tiktok. It would make sharing songs between other Spotify users easier, without needing to share a playlist. It could also help the algorithm improve for the user. It would also help Spotify incorporate another social media aspect making "being friends" with someone on Spotify an incentive, and increase users who switch to Spotify.

Dian
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-03-22

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

antouxy

Similar to this, I'd love a feature to just Like a song that a friend is currently playing. I love seeing what my friends are playing and think it could be quite fun 🙂 

jamil1991

It would be if Spotify Social were able to run independently of external social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram etc.)

This would allow users who don’t use social media to add and follow their friends provided directly by Spotify.

Apple Music allows this feature already and Spotify has a much bigger streaming customer base….

Let me know your thoughts guys 😊

bonatti

Hi, my suggestion is to have a kind of chat within spotify itself where I can share just songs, albums and playlist directly with my friends, friends being people I follow and follow me back.

Thanks

jakub16

and also add it so that it is like it is with messenger, if he reads the message, let his profile picture appear there, and if the message is not read in the delivered messages, then let it be marked as unread, and if it is read, let it be marked as read, so on him in messenger and to message notification sounds reply

NatalieA
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-05-11

Hello @jakub16, and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

_user_smt_

I was thinking that, except listening to music and podcasts, we could also chat with other users, not artists, and recommend songs in the app or talk about come backs, live events or even concerts that our favourites artists might be planning to do.

shedaoo

You can message friends in the friends activity bar and it will open a chat blurb and will add the name of the song that was playing when messaged. For example, if they were listening to sunflower, you can just be like beautiful song, and the chat will say

Sunflower - Swae Lee

Beautiful song broo

And then they can reply and convo is sparked. Good way to enhance the friend activity bar. I know i am always taking a screenshot when i notice a friend is listening to something cool or i think is terrible and then texting them the screenshot and sparking convo from there. Having this in app would just motivate users to conversate and will also differentiate spotify from other music applications. Users will want spotify just to talk to friends about music. 

As this grows, you can even share music and playlists through this maybe. Just an additional idea. Has a lot of applications for spotify and lots of promise.

lainpilledloser

Yes!! I would also love to be able to create Blend playlists with other users through the Spotify app, without having to send them a link on a completely different social media app