Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add support for Google ChromeCast

Will you be adding support to the ChromeCast that Google announced today? Would be great to be able to easily stream music from all my devices to my receiver and tv.

Please see the Api information here: https://developers.google.com/cast/

Update: implementing ChromeCast is superior to using the Chrome browser plugin to move a tab with the Spotify web interface to your TV for multiple reasons. Most importantly:

- You can stream higher fidelity

- You can stream from every device, not only from a computer/laptop

- You can control from multiple devices (so if I leave the room my wife can control Spotify with her phone)

If implemented correctly this would match the functionality of Sonos for a much lower price.

Update February 4th 2014: Okay, so Google has released the SDK now. Please start working on the functionality or at the very minimum give an update to the status...

Update February 19th 2014: 2,000 kudos, hundreds of replies (with more than a handful of cancelations). Apparently Spotify Germany has confirmed Chromecast support is coming. An update would be nice

Update March 24th 2014: 2,500 kudos and still no update. Cancelled my subscription today. Sorry, but if you don't listen to your paying customers we will have to speak with our wallets.

Updated: 2015-10-22

In collaboration with Google, we’re thrilled to announce one of your most requested features here in The Spotify Idea Exchange is here. Spotify now works with your Chromecast.

With Chromecast, listening at home is easy. Simply plug in and cast music directly from your phone or tablet. Play, skip, browse and search using the Spotify app--all Spotify users will get the on demand experience on Chromecast. Oh, and feel free to make calls, watch a video or play games - the music will keep playing. Even if your battery runs out.

To learn more about how you can listen at home, head over to www.spotify.com/at-home.

Spotify on Chromecast from SpotifyCares on Vimeo.

Comments
mkay1337

i would so love this feature. so please add it asap.. 

thehvacdude

Spotify obviously aren't willing to listen to their users, 8.5k kudos & no action!!!

itsme_ienien

After several years of use and a lot of hesitation, i've just canceled my Premium Account...

I gave you a chance, Spotify, but I don't want to pay for a service which do not listen their customers !

Serioulsy, almost 2 years and still nothing, not even a clear response...

Adieu !

ericesquire

This wasn't the only reason I cancelled, but it was definitely the icing on the cake. If there was Chromecast support, I wouldn't have cancelled. But everything in my home is integrated through Chromecasts in the gym, theater, main floor media room and master bedroom. Having music, the cornerstone of media, not easily streamable to the setup I already have is a deal breaker.

neroleptic

I left soptify premium for google music for 4 months now due to lack of chromecast compatibility. 

I may come back if you add this feature. 

I invite everyone who care about this feature to move for google music. It looks this is the only way to be heard by spotify 😞

Lordbuttpoop
Spotify needs to make their product available on Chromecast! I will be forced to use a competitor's product if this does not happen.
JefDeCoster

Hello everyone. Spotify here. We wanted to address a request many of you have made for Chromecast support. In order to keep improving Spotify, we are always testing new things on our different platforms. While we don’t have any plans to launch this in the immediate future, we are looking into it, and will let you know as soon as we have any more information to share

Hi Spotify,

Could you tell me what plans you have?

Because I'm not really interessted to know which plans you don't have 😉

It states you don't have plans to launch this in the near future....

Is it not better to state what plans you have instead?

I see that this idea (which is really a good idea)  is the one with the most kudos and is already open for more than a year ???

It still is under consideration, meaning it is in the pipe (i presume) 

Could you tell us something about when this would/could be taken up into your release management?

Thus state which plans you have, and in what kind of timeframe I should project these.

Kind Regards

Jef

merags
I'm not subscribed to Spotify because it doesn't support Chromecast. So, as the only major music steaming platform that doesn't support it.
SandroQC

All main competitors are working or are starting developing Chromecast solutions... Deezer, Google Play Music, Rdio, now Tidal will join the group. Spotify is lucky, because they are still the best service in town, but they must pay attention to customer needs... Concurrence is growing... Be humble and implement what customers want, not their Connect or whatever solution nobody cares about...