Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add support for Google ChromeCast

Will you be adding support to the ChromeCast that Google announced today? Would be great to be able to easily stream music from all my devices to my receiver and tv.

Please see the Api information here: https://developers.google.com/cast/

Update: implementing ChromeCast is superior to using the Chrome browser plugin to move a tab with the Spotify web interface to your TV for multiple reasons. Most importantly:

- You can stream higher fidelity

- You can stream from every device, not only from a computer/laptop

- You can control from multiple devices (so if I leave the room my wife can control Spotify with her phone)

If implemented correctly this would match the functionality of Sonos for a much lower price.

Update February 4th 2014: Okay, so Google has released the SDK now. Please start working on the functionality or at the very minimum give an update to the status...

Update February 19th 2014: 2,000 kudos, hundreds of replies (with more than a handful of cancelations). Apparently Spotify Germany has confirmed Chromecast support is coming. An update would be nice

Update March 24th 2014: 2,500 kudos and still no update. Cancelled my subscription today. Sorry, but if you don't listen to your paying customers we will have to speak with our wallets.

Updated: 2015-10-22

In collaboration with Google, we’re thrilled to announce one of your most requested features here in The Spotify Idea Exchange is here. Spotify now works with your Chromecast.

With Chromecast, listening at home is easy. Simply plug in and cast music directly from your phone or tablet. Play, skip, browse and search using the Spotify app--all Spotify users will get the on demand experience on Chromecast. Oh, and feel free to make calls, watch a video or play games - the music will keep playing. Even if your battery runs out.

To learn more about how you can listen at home, head over to www.spotify.com/at-home.

Spotify on Chromecast from SpotifyCares on Vimeo.

Comments
junglepig
Why haven't you added this simple feature yet? I wasn't too support you rather than have to use Google play music to get Chromecast support? People want this added!
Kaffedyr

Premium subscriber since 2009 - canceled subscription today.

Lack of Chromecast support combined with desktop client that get worse with every weekly version (no CTRL+F, deteriorating UI and performance, no drop-n-drag local files to playlists). Too bad really you had a good product and turned it into sh*t that I can't justify paying for anymore. Impossible to stably revert to older versions? Oh yes

When canceling subscription you don't even get to inform about which aspects of the service you were not satisfied with and that represent your reason for leaving. Instead "See you soon" Soooo incredible bad I think no... Such arrogance, much incompetence, very permanent goodbye

Really? Spotify doesn't have Chromecast support YET?? I'm switching back to Google Play Music this month. If they don't care about us, I won't pay to be part of this, bye.
NDPeter

Just cancelled my premium subscription.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Add Chromecast support and I'll probably be back.  At least once I find out it's been added which might take a while since who knows how I'll find out since I'll be using other services.  

8charlie

Went back to Google Play Music. It was fun to try Spotify out. But what a petty and childish way for a company to act.

PLUS: GPM is better.

JeDbAnYeR

From Chile I offer my knowledge and experience as a developer selflessly towards improving this platform is ours .
my contact email
avergara@agmingenieros.cl

Desde Chile ofrezco mi conocimiento y experiencia como desarrollador desinteresadamente en pro de mejorar esta plataforma que nos pertenece.
mi correo de contacto
avergara@agmingenieros.cl

1vitor

Uma falta de respeito aos usuários! 

klapstoelpiloot

Almost 2 years later, this has by far the most kudos (so clearly this is the most wanted thing by your customers), and this is still not implemented? Today connectivity is very important to many people, so this is a must-have feature. The comment you (Spotify) added to the idea is not helping (might as well not write anything at all). Also, this technology is not rocketscience (I can tell, because I am a developer).

So please, how about something like "We're working on it, expect it next month" and make us all happy again?

franck_arnel

oh yes! is really necessary Heart

Pienso q hasta q no sea un negocio para spotify no le va a ceder ese beneficio a ChromeCast ni al publico usuario. En cunato el servicio de Spotify cueste  +20/30% y Chrome Cast trabaje en la mayoria de las casa. Entonces tendremos la App actualizada para ello. Saludos y paz-ciencia