Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc.

Podcasts that currently have video available on your mobile or desktop device, lose the video feature once you cast it to a TV via Chromecast. This is a major surprise as this is a frequent way of watching video podcasts on TV. Please consider casting the video part of the podcast along with the audio on casted devices.

IMG_20200901_125644.jpg

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
MrFranks

Apps on your Smart TV  or PS4 should also support video out of the box.

Why is this not a feature already?

bilh0

Please add this to the Devs sprint asap. I was shocked when I found out that Spotify couldn't stream video to Chromecast. I cannot believe that such a basic feature was overlooked. 

Sprinter7

Please fix this

OctoberDelight

Urgent - Please support video content of The Joe Rogan Experience in tv format, as soon as possible, otherwise we have no choice, but to go back to You-Tube to view same.  JRE customers are all used to the audio and video content being available on mobile devices AND TV.    

Dungannon

SPOTIFY - PLEASE ADD VIDEO CASTING ABILITY. THIS IS SILLY.

Why is this not a thing with Spotify?  Majority of major platforms allow video to be casted. How can they pay someone $100million  and can’t have a simple feature to cast the video, it makes no sense, this is how the majority of people watch this podcast.

Zais

This is a huge issue for me.   I was excited to see him coming to spotify, but not being able to watch on my TV will seriously limit my ability to watch.   That was a serious oversight. 

Paul775

Please fix this on Apple TV 

stangdaman

I've noticed this too. Would be something that would cause me to not want to move from YouTube to Spotify.