Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc.

Podcasts that currently have video available on your mobile or desktop device, lose the video feature once you cast it to a TV via Chromecast. This is a major surprise as this is a frequent way of watching video podcasts on TV. Please consider casting the video part of the podcast along with the audio on casted devices.

IMG_20200901_125644.jpg

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Kivia

So posted awhile back ago to upvote this thread as I am one of the sad console user that does not get video for the JR podcast. Checked again today and to my annoyance... spotify has taken the time to add a f*****g video thumb nail but I cant see the video still!!!!! 

I'm done with my premium account, obviously spotify wont listen until they start losing those subscriptions. Canceled today which makes me sad 😞

Fix this issues spotify. 

JQuill

You gusy fleeced Joe Rogans dumb ass into believing you could do video just as good as youtube.....and he convinced our dumb asses that you were actually telling the truth....right...got it....see ya .....

bande

I was just able to chromecast with video 🙏🏽

Atzekatze

I just tried screen mirroring from my iPhone to my Apple TV. It works. Have to keep the phone screen on but at least I see it on more than a 6.5“ screen. 

thomasChadwick

Had three months, guys!   This Premium is outta here.

And it's not an "idea" ... it's a "duh?!"

See you late - oh ... oh that's right.  No video.

Xenia
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2021-04-13

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and showing your support for videos on various big screen devices.

In the past months we've been looking closely at your feedback and working to add video support to new devices. You can already enjoy videos on:
  • Chromecast
  • Newer model Android TVs
  • Apple TV: Status update here
  • FireTV devices: Status update here
Subscribe to the following ideas to receive updates on their individual status.
Thanks again for all your votes and stay tuned for more updates as we have them.
fallonharrod

thomasChadwick

Working on Apple TV now as it should.  Grats on the hustle, ya'll.

Will Premium back up again soon.

How about Roku?  ETA?

Ksabz
I have been able to AirPlay from my phone via the AirPlay feature that seemed to be loaded into my Roku TV in a recent software update.

The Spotify app for Roku TV still barely works, the app on my phone freezes or crashes anytime I try to “cast” via the Spotify app.