Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc.

Podcasts that currently have video available on your mobile or desktop device, lose the video feature once you cast it to a TV via Chromecast. This is a major surprise as this is a frequent way of watching video podcasts on TV. Please consider casting the video part of the podcast along with the audio on casted devices.

IMG_20200901_125644.jpg

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments

Same here, Ksabz.

There are some JRE episodes that won’t do the screen-mirroring/casting from my iPhone 7S (to my Roku).  I’m not sure what’s up with that (my wifi signal is decent).  It’s very “hit or miss”, not to mention the power-drain on our phones!

Smackatoo

Now get the 15 sec forward and backward buttons working with Apple TV. I tap rewind 15 secs and it goes back 10mins or to some spot that it gets stuck on anytime you tap the button.   I now see that in the Lock Screen, the time code is frozen even tho the podcast is playing. If I unlock phone into Spotify, the time code is still frozen. The only way to see current time code counter is by pausing, then it refreshes time code and continues on. 

Also, the pause/play button on Apple TV remote doesn’t work. Rewind and fast forward work but no pause. 

angermgmt20

Hopefully you can work on the app we get on our Comcast cable box too.  That will save the battery life on my Note 8  😞

guitarjoe

What about Roku???

Roku status?

Anyone?????  Anyone?????  Bueller?????

Earth2Krystal

Seriously, what's happening with Roku? Will video be available?

They can’t reply to my post from 3 weeks ago, doubtful they’ll get back to any of us.  That is some SH*TTY customer service.

Finally able to “mirror” cast from my iPhone, but it is glitchy.  Also, being a paid Spotify subscriber - I’d expect ZERO ads.  I have to fast-forward through 6 at the very beginning and then another one will randomly pop-up while watching the JRE podcast.

I really, REALLY wish Joe Rogan would have stayed at YouTube.  I think the majority of his fans do at this point.

Liquorswordz

i was suspicious of mal- intent at the beginning of this transition to Spotify. It seems clear to me now that this is purposeful, without a doubt this has caused at least a million People to stop watching and limited the growth of the jre. 

i hope joe figures this out sooner then later 

I’m starting to think he doesn’t give a flyin’ f*** either.  He’s sitting on $100 million+……. he probably doesn’t care.

Liquorswordz
That’s a big sad from me