Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc.

Podcasts that currently have video available on your mobile or desktop device, lose the video feature once you cast it to a TV via Chromecast. This is a major surprise as this is a frequent way of watching video podcasts on TV. Please consider casting the video part of the podcast along with the audio on casted devices.

IMG_20200901_125644.jpg

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
OctoberDelight

Jem...Please do...I’m not on Twitter...Rogan’s gotta know...Hope he cares.

jemiee
codababani

I signed up for Spotify as soon as Joe Rogan announced the Spotify deal. I even bought Spotify stock. After finding that I can't watch the video on TV, I'm so glad I got a free trial. If this is still a problem when JRE goes exclusive, I'm definitely cancelling the trial and selling my Spotify shares. Such a huge disappointment. Thankfully it's still on YouTube.

nbreunig3

This is ridiculous. It is not hard to implement so why not do so. Adding the ability to watch podcasts but not adding chromecast ability is mind-boggling. 

mbgkn547i0pampt

This is ridiculous. "New Idea" they say... I canceled my subscription and you should all do the same.

jason_g123

Get it together, spotify.  Update the app for video capability!!!

OctoberDelight

Spodify...You have over 500 comments....Please respond asap...December 3rd is fast approaching.

Whoever is on Rogan’s Twitter....please post a notice to him and Jamie.  Big, big oversight.

ryan-warrener

Spotify does not support video on TVs. Let that sink in. This means the YouTube audience who watched JRE on their TVs cannot do so any more. This was either an oversight or a conscious decision. Either way, there is no excuse for such an expensive, high profile deal to result in millions of established viewers not being able to watch the show on their devices. Instead, the responsibility is left to the community, who must request the ability to watch it and then vote it up high enough so that when it is chosen they can all celebrate the favor Spotify has bestowed upon them! This demonstrates an outright lack of respect that will only serve to set up a very begrudging audience. Nice work.                     

Blpruet1

Why is Spotify refusing to fix this problem?? It’s been months and there have been dozens of other new ideas/suggestion threads saying the same thing but Spotify is just closing them. Pathetic. 

Why is this issue not fixed yet???