Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
eidylon

Wait, wait... I'm confused. If it's not available on the desktop, web, or mobile, then where IS is available?

Kalfax

the commercials i get are awful because they arent targeted to me, and they annoy me every time... i don't want to pay for spotify though just because they annoy me, since the value isn't worth it. 

but seriously spotify, at least get some commercials that are decent!

Username1238

All of the drugs/alcohol ads are insensitive too. Have an option to turn those off.

kepperson2

I accept the reality of ads, even "annoying" ones, because I chose the free service. What I don't accept is hearing an ad for an abortion finder, especially when my children are present. I have little faith that my comment will be addressed, but I take small solace in the fact that, at least in my case, that company wasted their money. 

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

eidylon
Yes, yes, yes, please!
KR4STL

Just buy premium...

weistronnie6

I personally do not appreciate a scantily clad woman laying on top of a man. Dulce and Gabbana 😐 Could we please not get **bleep** streamed through when all we wanted was sick tunes.

naaaaaaaaa

Personally I'm finding the ad for "Promising Young Woman" very difficult to listen to due to personal history. I'll likely have to completely stop listening to Spotify until after the movie comes out, as having to purchase a premium membership to avoid one specific ad isn't in my budget. Don't know why I only get this ad on Spotify. : /

chall1216
  • Good lord, I am genuinely thinking of quitting listening to Spotify on account of a Kroger ad that keeps coming on over and over and over again. “Low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low” rap beat. It makes my skin crawl! I heard it four times in an hour! Over the past few days I click the I don’t like button maybe about 10 times and it keeps coming on. I actually already shop at Kroger, but now I am rethinking this decision based on the commercial. Hear that Kroger? Your commercial sucks that much! Spotify, please have a button that stops playing an ad we don’t like, or at least doesn’t play it over and over again. Stop punishing your listeners. Ultimatum. Seriously. I will move to another music platform on account of a damn Kroger ad.