Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
mountainmarley

One of the many reasons I prefer other music sources other than Spotify. It's such a simple thing to offer filtered ads, yet literally thousands of people have requested this, and Spotify refuses to do this. almost ten years since this was posted, and they still can't figure it out. I had to quit listening at work because of the **bleep** content of the ads. It's ridiculous. My guests do not want to hear about condoms or Plan B and I am sure the kids don't either!!! 

COME ON Spotify! Get with the game.

mysteriousleigh

9 years since this issue was raised and it's still not possible? I get that Spotify want as many subscriptions as possible but some people can't afford Premium and still don't want to hear Gemma Cairney every 15 minutes.

Edit: Since I posted this comment, I haven't heard that advert once. I used to get it at least every 30 minutes, sometimes twice in a row. Idk if it just took a while for my preferences to update (I tried turning off targeted ads but it didn't seem to make a difference) or if I somehow managed to use the right keywords here to get rid of it...

sonjetty

recently the commercials have seemed to be even more explicit as far as language goes.  I haven't had a problem with this with any other service. Working on a web-development team myself the fix for this should be super easy.  That combined with the number of upvotes you would think this issue would be solved already.  Bureaucracy or something else seems to be going wrong at Spotify.

littleredregal

Please give people the ability to block explicit and inappropriate ads. Especially since the sites ability to shuffle ads seems about as lacking as it's ability to shuffle music. Meaning almost every ad break I'm getting the same NSFW ads. I am more than willing to listen to as many appropriate ads as necessary to have this option. Constant cursing and crude ads make me not want to use Spotify.

Nepeta

I can't believe that this has been raised 9 years ago and still hasn't been implemented. I understand that Spotify has to make their money, but sometimes these ads can cause distress in their users and there should be a way to stop that.

Personally I have had a miscarriage just a month ago and have started getting ads about pregnancy, so I can no longer use the service at all as a result.

cead

Pls I keep an ad about condoms and I really don't want that I because I do listen to music loudly a lot and I absolutely hate it.

cwilk429

Similar to the VS ad issue, I live in NJ where online gambling is legal, and I'm bombarded with ads for online sports betting. I have no problem with the repetitive ads for Geico and whatever else comes up, but I'm religiously opposed to gambling, and also have absolutely no interest in sports politics.  I tried turning off ad personalization to stop getting location specific ads, but that didn't work. Neither has turning off my phone's location. I get a little annoyed with ads, but I can accept them in exchange for no subscription fee. YouTube at least has the option through Google ad preferences to filter out ads for drugs, alcohol, and gambling. At least I haven't gotten Spotify ads for vodka in quite a while.

lawrichai

I really wish there was a way to tag specific ads to prevent them to be heard on our account again.

I'm usually ok with ads, but presently there is this ONE ad that annoys the **bleep** out of me and I have to close spotify each time to escape it. 

fourohfourerror

It would be great to at least have a "stop seeing this ad" button like with Google Ads.

I'm fine with most ads but lately there has been some laundry detergent ad with the most loud, disgusting, in-your-ears sound of a dog licking something. I literally rip my headphones off my head when I hear the words right before that sound plays. It's terrible.

a1b0r

Hi Support Team
I was out of alcohol a long time ago. Can I have an alcohol-free advertisement?
Thanks,
Oleksandr