[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
simonjdaniel

And that you shut down the last complaint specifically about gambling ads, referring it to this idea which does not mention gambling ads is a worthy news story.  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/No-Gambling-ads/idi-p/3296568

luchiaWK

Completely agree. I've been receiving horror movie adverts. Not only am I am NOT a horror movie fan whatsoever, my 2 year old sometimes hears the ads and could possibly see the adds if I leave the room to attend to their younger sibling. Even if we just have the ability to refuse adverts that have explicit content (eg. violent and suggestive content like Victoria Secret adverts, or a KIDS SAFE mode so all advert content is G rated) that would be great.   

SLC63
Visitor

Spotify listeners... I do not have the time for this but the repeated same ads, repeated like 3 times or more one after another), and now after EVERY song; well this issue has finally broke me and is driving me seriously insane and I now suggest to all listeners to turn off and delete Spotify and choose another music listening app! This has gotten way out of control and is extremely abnormal. I left Youtube because of the excessive ads and that annoying pause issue they have in their app and it is not so bad anymore comparing it to this extremely annoying and maddening new issue Spotify has incorporated... after this message here... I am done with Spotify and I would like to encourage all others to do the same until they have disappeared or changed their ways!

Tangles
Visitor

This idea is not particularly unique. Plenty have had it before, but I can't seem to vote on any existing ones, so here's a new one.

Some ads are offensive to some people. Some people have Misophonia, which is a diagnosable condition of being unable to tolerate the sound of other people enjoying their food.  Some people are devout Christians and are offended by the advertising of condoms because they are unable to tolerate the idea of people enjoying **bleep** (which is clearly just for procreation). Whatever. Personally I can't deal with the Volkswagen ad where the selfish **bleep** talks about changing his dog because "she doesn't fetch".  I've recently had to surrender a very much loved dog for reasons beyond my control, and every time I hear this throwaway line in this ad, it just fills me with a deep sadness and ruins my day.  I'd rather not hear it anymore.  Please provide an option to opt out of specific ads so that people can still use your product without suffering the mental trauma of being force-fed content which triggers them and damages their mental health.  Thanks.