[Ads] Inappropriate Ads

We get that that the "price" we pay for the free version of Spotify is to hear ads every so often. We totally get that and it is the choice we have made instead of shelling out a few bucks a month. But we all have our reasons for choosing to use the free version.

And we even get why the same ad is repeated over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. It's business. We get that. These companies pay you to run those ads over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. We aren't keen on that mind you, but we get it.

But why must we endure inappropriate ads? First it was a condom ad a while ago. Now it is an ad for the Casting Call podcast with someone saying the "f" bomb (although beeped out, we all still know what three letters follow that f). 

Many of us listen to Spotify at work or at home with kids. Help us to champion it merely by not accepting inappopriate ads. Surely you aren't that hard up for advertisers.

Updated on 2018-10-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Please check this related Idea too:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Dislike-Ads-option/idi-p/4571909

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-10-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Please check this related Idea too:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Dislike-Ads-option/idi-p/4571909

tricksygypsy
Casual Listener

I second this. Users should be able to report/block offensive ads. I'm getting ads for The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, which is extremely offensive to me because the show itself contains literal satanic worship. She's even got horns on her head in the ad. It's been a while since the condom ads, but those periodically come back, too. It's inappropriate for the workplace as well as for religious or just family-friendly settings. This has been a problem for years now, but no one is listening. 

**Edit--I also find it hypocritical that Spotify censors the words "d_vil" and "s_tan" but won't censor their ad content

Luciano13
Casual Listener

Favoring it. I hate Spotify's own ads

drft
Casual Listener

Agreed, I couldn't stand the fake news PragerU ads I was getting. It's vile content and not family or workplace-friendly at all. Personally, I'd love more ads featuring literal satanic worship. I don't like ads period, but at least that kind of content puts a smile on everyone's face. :/

Ambermoon86

I can understand the need for ads, but I would appreciate a way to block disturbing ones, especially when I'm listening with my kids. We were listening to one of the Disney soundtracks today when an ad for a horror movie came on. I hate anything like that for myself, but it's even worse having my kids exposed to it. Minimally, the ad should fit under the same rating as the song (only G rated ads for G rated music)

katrsrose

I don't feel the ads need to be rejected all together at the spotify level but it sure would help if users had some level of control over the adds they'd like to opt out of. Like a NSFW ad filter working similar to how "safe search" options do for google or other websites.

For example I don't hate the condom commercials, and don't mind they're being targeted to me based on my adult status. I do however HATE when they come on at work where office mates and other coworkers, or god-forbid a client who pops-in unexpectedly, can hear. I would like to opt-out of them and other ads with work-innapropriate subject matter, if only just durring buisness hours/while at work. That would also allow the ads to continue being served to those folks who don't find them to be a problem for the revenue while keeping them away from kid-friendly and work environments.

TheAlex
Regular

Multiple 'f' words in new ad for a film. What makes you think this is okay, Spotify?