[Ads] Relevant Ads to currently listened Music

I'll be getting premium soon but for those who use the free version, I think it would be a lot better on both sides if the ads were related to the music they were listening to.

for example if I was listening to classical music, there would be classical music related ads

if I was listening to hardcore punk, there would be ads/music events related to that genre

Just saying since it's annoying trying to sleep at night to classical music then you hear I LOVE THIS CITY, SAN FRANSISCO LOUD NOISES.

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
Casual Listener

Relevant

Composer

What I've noticed is that there is now a thumbs up/down on advertisements.

Anyone else notice this?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

HAHAHAHAHA...!

That's pathetic man. 

This idea has been around for how long now? Since 2012? Check the first post.

All we wanted was to have relevant ads next to the music we're listening to, and your product teams are saying "Not Right Now"..? – What have they been doing then?

You guys do know that ad relevance is how Google made its money, right? Or maybe Facebook?

Can I ask you, seriously, if you went to a punk rock concert, and the MC starts promoting the next Mahler performance, how do you expect the crowd to react? Don't know? Give it a try and tell us how you go. (for those who point that the concert is paid for, fine. Try doing it at a place where the performance is free)

If you can't solve this and have placed it in the "not right now" bin, then maybe you guys should go out of business. We know you're not profitable. So... good riddance. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We need this.

I'm a vegetarian, doesn't make sense to listen to "beef it's what for dinner" ads nor it makes sense for that advertiser to pay for my ad impression.

Visitor

Why am I now getting adverts in the middle of the podcasts I'm listening to? Why am I paying for the premium service and getting adverts I don't want? 

i be getting ads about Mc Donalds. im pretty sure spotify got my location already, and should know that the closest mc donalds is 5 hours away by car one way 🙂

just saying when i press this "tailored ads", i expect to at least get ads relevant to where i live, watch/listen to. not ads about events or things that are so far away it would cost me a fortune to get there.

like, when i dont own Spotify Premium you should expect that i dont have enough money to go there..

thanks again if you took your time to read this 🙂

I was promised to get advertisements which are more relevant to my profile/listening behaviour when I choose the option in the settings. Nothing has changed, however. Why is the answer of this Spotify representative then, that Spotify isn't intended to implement this? And, If adverts mean money for Spotify to run, why not make it more relevant to the users?

You know what I make of this? That Spotify doesn't bother to do the effort, because relevant or not relevant, it doesn't make such a difference for the revenue out of the ads. They rather see that you go premium or share your Facebook activity with them.

Casual Listener

I couldnt agree more. And to be honest, I tell people to avoid Spoify as much as possible because of it. It's social brainwashing exposure when they dont listen or live up to what they say they will and that we request. Again, I am listening to a GREAT jazz channel, in a good vibe as I do work, and then a 'BAM!' horrific hip hop [commercials] play their advertisements I have LESS THAN ZERO interest in,  all intermittently amongst a ton of others that arent relevant to my age, gender, etc.

WHEN WOULD ANYONE GO FROM LISTENING TO Joao Gilberto TO Lil Hooly Flip Flop Drop Jagga DJ?!?! :'D

P.s. This is why I stopped watching TV YEEEEARS ago. Do I really wanna see 4500 commercials for prescriptions, beer, prescriptions, fake society, etc., prescriptions, hahah sorry for ranting. I'll be back later. I just have to rest and then refill my prescrition of Nowayatall. :'D