Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Airplay for the Desktop Version

I would love to have Airplay built in the app itself, so I don't need another program such as Airfoil.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
drfrogsplat

Spotify, FYI this almost 4-year-old feature request is why I've just cancelled my premium subscription for another service. There wasn't really a way to provide this specific feedback in the "why are you leaving" survey (i selected "other" but it didn't let me specify), so I wanted to give specific feedback that this has been an annoyance for a long time, and today it annoyed me enough to sign up for another service.

jabjoernstad

I just bought my first MacBook Air... Just because Airplay on my iPad is working well.... Why dont this functions work with the computers as well??? 

crmcguf

I just started using spotify and really like it however I can't airplay from my desktop app to my appleTv/Home Reciever.

Seems silly to not have this feature, guess I'll just have to keep uisng iTunes radio as that feature is built in to their app.

eric0209

I really miss this feature!

pgeerdink

Next  to caching issue: another reason to switch to Apple Music soon.

C'mon Spotify! Respond with clear goals as to whether or not you are planning to implement this feature.

Also from Iphone app: why can I only stream to 1 airplay speaker at the same time?

Is SONOS keeping you from implementing cool features?

hugin

The ONLY thing that really annoyes me with Spotify is the lack of AirPlay support in the desktop client and that the iPhone client only can stream to one AirPlay unit.

Mulitple AirPlay units, in both iPhone and desktop now, pretty please!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-03-16

Hey everyone, we know this idea hasn't had an update in a while. The status here is still 'Not Right Now' as we don't have any current plans to implement this. Please know we're continuing to watch this Idea Exchange for your feedback and we're bringing your comments to teams internally. If anything changes we'll post here first. 

calicanuck19
You will be out of business by then. How long does one have to watch this "Idea Exchange" to realize that the demand for AirPlay in Spotify is huge? How many people have left Spotify simply because you have failed to add this basic feature? I canceled mine a long time ago because of this one thing. Instead, I now use Apple Music, which I can stream to every room of my home. It's a shame because I really did like Spotify.
pich747

yeah thanks for the "update"!!!

just close the thread and save us this rubbish...

sekwaf

This is stupid. I pay you, and you do not listen what I want from you.