Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Airplay for the Desktop Version

I would love to have Airplay built in the app itself, so I don't need another program such as Airfoil.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
-Belzebub-

That's the only thing that's keeping me from getting premium.

Pity it's taking so long...

salmonchainsaw

This has to be a standard feature. No airplay feature and not syncing history through all devices are two glaring oversights with the program. I'm a new user and this is really making me second guess my choice. Lots to love here but there are issues that need to be fixed.

This original post is from 2012! Come on fix this already.

old_special

Please, don't be lazy and implement this. It's a bit frustrating when you're trying to listen to music on Spotify and, for example, at the same time watching a movie trailer on youtube to have the sound through AirPlay for all the system.
Thanks!

fragwalos

There is no need for this as you can switch within Mac OS X.

If you are on a Mac and want to play music from spotify (or your whole computer in general) through airplay then go to System Prefs/Sound. In Output select aiplay device. 

If you want continuous access to this without always going into system prefs. Then select the "Show volume in menu bar" at the bottom of System Prefs/Sound/Output. Now you will see the sound control icon in the top bar. When you want to switch between sound outputs, hold down "Option" and click the sound icon in the top bar. You will be shown all options available. 

fragwalos

vf

darb6000

Frag : you do realise this about the desktop version, yeah? (aka windows)

No idea why this is marked as solved. It isnt.

fragwalos
Darb6000: No mention of it being Windows specifically. Tags are Mac and Windows. I gave the Mac solution.
pich747

yeah frag, you're missing the point, at least as far as i am concerned....

i want to be able to selectively stream to my speakers from spotify, without having to hijack all system audio (i.e. keep skype and youtube audio coming through my laptop speakers).

if only spotify could provide a clear reason for not implementing this small tweak in the desktop player, i would shut up about it:)

but no, 38 pages and counting.....

fragwalos

well that is a different story. Wonder if you could do it through terminal... I have no idea about that.

Seems like a pretty common thing people would want to do, especially at work places... maybe it's better to go with another service... 😉

AdulvHidlar

Apple Music > Spotify because of this issue. It's ok that you don't want my money.