Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Airplay for the Desktop Version

I would love to have Airplay built in the app itself, so I don't need another program such as Airfoil.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
andreyb

Folks, please consider adding this feature. This should really be a basic feature of any music player/app and I am not sure why this feature request is lingering for 4+ years -- quite disappointing. Installing 3rd party software to achieve this is indeed an option, but telling your paying customers to go buy something else to get what e.g. iTunes, Skype, Last.fm and others are capable of doing out of the box does not really qualify as a reasonable response.

Not having airplay is nuts

jalei

Please implement.

Hint, I use "Audias one" in Windows 10 for other media and it have builtin Airplay. So it should be possible 🙂

vacooley

Please add this... the current Airplay option is far worse sounding than iTunes Airplay to my airplay enabled DAC. I will NOT be using Spotify on the Mac until this is available..... Probably will cancel my very new family subscription as the sound is really quite muddy even with "High Quality" selected.

bobbbell

I agree, I made a duplicate post as I did not find this one on a search. I work at my PC and have wi-fi and bluetooth speakers in my house. I don't see why I should have to use my phone to stream to those when I am on my PC. Makes zero sense. The PC app should be the most robust and powerful with the most features. 

davidjhixon

This can't be a dificult setting to add to the Macinrtosh desktop version of this... you already have it in ALL your iOS versions.  All I want to do is play my music from my Macintosh in my kitchen without having to use my phone.  Is that too much to ask?

Seriosly, please consider adding Airplay support in the app. It feels like Spotify doesn't care about the best experience for its users or just want to push Spotify Connect at our cost.
It's the only thing that holds me from getting a paid subscription.

This is the most important missing feature right now on the Mac OS version. Just implement it already.

morenoss

It is already possible with app Airspot. I use it, listen to spotify from a samsung tablet (android) conected to my zeppelin air speaker. And luckly Airspot is a free app (for now)

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Hey everyone, we also think this is a good idea so we're updating the status. However, please know we still don't have current plans for Airplay in the Desktop app. If this changes we will let you know here first and we'll keep an eye on this idea as it continues to grow. Thanks!