Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Airplay for the Desktop Version

I would love to have Airplay built in the app itself, so I don't need another program such as Airfoil.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
goeste

BTW: you can easily select Airplay by holding: [alt]+click on the speacker symbol

Now you can select any AirPlay Device that is on your network...

Best,

goeste

vacooley
This is not what I want to do. I want to be able to redirect ONLY the Spotify music stream to an airplay device just like I can do with iTunes on the Mac or with the iPhone Spotify app.

I want all other audio n the computer to continue to go over the primary speakers. I would also like the Mac version of Spotify to stream high quality audio. It does not support that at this time.
bobbbell
This alt-click on speaker icon suggestion does not work tonight as I stream
on my desktop!

Is this feature still coming? It would be much easier to use and I'm sure Apple provides a lot of new ways to implement it 🙂

danielmfarrell

I just activated the premium feautre (new to Spotify) with the expectation this feature would appear.

Pathetic it doesn't exist.

Probably tips me away from using Spotify more and therefore paying for Premium once the free trial ends given my existing iTunes library and it has this feature.

Kalmora

Music using Spotify means, you can just enjoy music on one device, in one room, not in your whole flat. That's a pitty.

SimonCluderay

Get it sorted Spotify please want to play Spotify through Airplay via my Mac Please!

danielmfarrell
I've worked around this... But it's a really annoying workaround actually.

Airport Extreme plugged into my amp for AirPlay.
Laptop running Spotify.
iPad running Spotify connected to the AirPlay.
Make music play from iPad but control it from laptop.

The iPad is ancient so it's clunky to use to search for tracks etc.
not ideal but it does the trick. Just. Still bizarre the app can't do
it.
dimitrisc

I don't think this feature is going to be implemented, it's been reported since 2012 and still nothing. 

jesperzac

Now 5 years later, could you possibly provide a status on this?

Thanks