Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Airplay for the Desktop Version

I would love to have Airplay built in the app itself, so I don't need another program such as Airfoil.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
tillsc

+1. Multiple speaker support (like in iTunes) would be very cool

Bill_ny_hifi

I just signed up.  I am going to cancel spotify premimum until they add either this feature or 320kbps on iphone.  Look forward to it.   

frankbub

Would make Spotify even more complete!!:D

dragon2611

@Bill_ny_hifi 

320kbps is available on my iphone although i have no idea what bitrate the airplay streaming is in.

Goto settings > Stream and then select extreme.

nevertheless

Would really love such a feature

Please!!!

jessehumphrys

That is all the desktop version needs to make it actually AWESOME

jb_bryant
Regarding the feedback on this about it not being implementable until Mountain Lion is out - Rdio has had this for a while. I don't know much about programming, but if they were able to figure it out I'm sure you guys could. 🙂
Ilve

I would love that function. I switch a lot between my laptop and iPod or my phone but I leave my laptop on for the music. Since I like to play different music I need a function like airplay.

Is not DLNA a solution for this problem?