Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Set Alarm to start Spotify

Just thought it would be nice to wake up to a good song.  Start the day off on a good beat.   Looked through my PC, and to my suprise there was no alarm clock!  What's the deal?  Would it not be nice to be able to set a time for the music to start?  Link a playlist, best of (maybe you're waiting for a song to come out?),   Incorporate a timer into the alarm clock too.  Would be cool.

Just a thought....

Updated on 2018-07-31

Hey,

Over 3,600 of you told us you wanted to set an alarm with Spotify, and we listened!

Spotify and the Clock app from Google™ will now offer the perfect soundtrack to start your day.

Starting today 'July the 31st 2018', Spotify and Google are partnering to help both premium and free users on Android™ phones set their own unique alarms with music from Spotify’s 35 million track catalog. Setting a personal soundtrack to your waking moments has never been easier.

For more info on this and on setting up your alarm, check out the blog here!

If we have any info on this for other platforms in the future, we'll keep you updated here too.

Comments
mld5080

This is a relatively simple idea and has been outstanding for 5 years. Please consider devoting resources to this project, as Apple Music allows you to use its songs in alarms and Spotify should be able to do the same. 

Thank you!

mld5080

I would pay a one time extra fee to add the feature. Consider!

Krowten1
Pay for an alarm/timer feature?
Not a chance.
Spotify needs to get these featured added... *yesterday*.
*ALL* of their primary competitors have these features already.
Pandora has had it for years, and has now added the ability to stream
specific tracks on demand.

Hey Spotify!
Can you say "Cancel my paid premium subscription"?
Get it together.
aridro

This has been in my mind for a while. Thanks for suggesting it!

ceci_rodriguez

I think this is an awesome idea

especially because Pandora has a feature like this

don't make me go back to Pandora, Spotify

Debblybum

It really would be amazing to have a switch off and switch on mode. I would love to listen to sleep playlists in the night but I can't because I have to keep it on loop because the longest playlist is never quite long enough. My alarm then doesn't go off properly and I end up having a rather nice lie in listening to my sleepy music still. Id love to be able to pick a playlist, select the time to play it for waking up, put on a sleeping playlist and set that to turn off five minutes before the wake up playlist! There are other music and entertainment apps that have an alarm function (but the music options aren't as good as Spotify) so it can't be impossible. Please Spotify can you try make this a reality in 2017?

shaesocial

Spotify team, this idea has been catching dust for a few years now?! 😔 This would be a great & useful feature, please allot internal resources to develop, offer & market it to at least premium subscribers. If investment in this is an issue, maybe some customers would pay a one-time fee to add it on. like .99-2.99 (I would pay).

dalecarter

Awesome idea! Something I've missed very much from when I used to tote my iPod around with me!

Nike_gbg

I really miss this feature. I am quite surpriced that his Idea has been active here since 2012 and the users request has not been solved.

Its all about priority and since the majority are listening on their smartphones and the majority wakes up to an alarm most of the days, this affects almost all users who I am sure will appreciate this.

Since the function does not exist today the majority accept Spotify as the great app it is today. If you still want to be leading, small things like this can have a great contribution to keep you in that position.

I Love Spotify. Keep up the good job and Please consider the alarm clock function. It would makes us happy.

br Niklas

crat

Spotify!

This topic started 2012! Where is the alarm clock?? wake up! literally...