Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Set Alarm to start Spotify

Just thought it would be nice to wake up to a good song.  Start the day off on a good beat.   Looked through my PC, and to my suprise there was no alarm clock!  What's the deal?  Would it not be nice to be able to set a time for the music to start?  Link a playlist, best of (maybe you're waiting for a song to come out?),   Incorporate a timer into the alarm clock too.  Would be cool.

Just a thought....

Updated on 2018-07-31

Hey,

Over 3,600 of you told us you wanted to set an alarm with Spotify, and we listened!

Spotify and the Clock app from Google™ will now offer the perfect soundtrack to start your day.

Starting today 'July the 31st 2018', Spotify and Google are partnering to help both premium and free users on Android™ phones set their own unique alarms with music from Spotify’s 35 million track catalog. Setting a personal soundtrack to your waking moments has never been easier.

For more info on this and on setting up your alarm, check out the blog here!

If we have any info on this for other platforms in the future, we'll keep you updated here too.

Comments
Jt3207

This is a great idea. I would love to be able to set musical alarms at work!

Nicotiness

Yes please do. Most of alarm the apps on iOS support only iTunes music library, and now I’m thinking whether should I just use their service instead...

oleb

this is really important guys. it messes up a big part of the experience not being able to wake up to the music you subscribed to and pay for. please don’t underestimate it.

MartinLeksell

Please make an alarm clock function in the Spotify app, would make mornings way better!

Thanks!

fredrice415

What will it take to get this much needed and useful app integrated?   I would like to dump Pandora but find I use it daily because it has a very simple, yet very reliable wake to music feature.  Perhaps I should just upgrade to Pandora premium so I can setup playlists (the primary reason I have Spotify) and dump Spotify.  lame!

patriciazavala

Is the little things that make our lives better so PLEASE add the alarm clock to the app so we can start our day with the spark we need (or that I definitly need) and of course loving you guys for this! 

fsmith

Seriously needs to be in the works. I have spent hours trying to find an app to port into Spotify to do this, nothing but buggy junk out there. 

I have ended up installing Pandora back on my phone to use their alarm. 

A simple alarm with the ability select a playlist and enable shuffle so you dont wake up to the same song everyday would be fantastic. 

Josh_Staten

To me, it is insane that this already isn't a feature with Spotify Premium. I had been using an extension app that allowed me to use my Spotify Premium account as an Alarm Clock, but Spotify's new terms of service has barred the use of the service's music as an alarm. If Spotify doesn't wish to devote resources to intergrate an alarm feature in the app, then I wish they would just change their terms of service back to allow developers to continue to develop app extensions to be used with Spotify Premium

DawnNichole

Please add an alarm clock as well as a sleep timer. This would be such a nice feature. 

julpukka

I too had been using a third party app (Alarmify) for this which no longer works because of the terms of service change.

Bummed out, and looking at alternative services now! Thank you everyone who mentioned Pandora above, I will check it out.