Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account.

Thanks!

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

Comments
frasermu

Oh no Spotify, I just decided to migrate my family and I away from Amazon Music to a Spotify Family Plan, with probably the No.1 usage being 6 Amazon Echo's in different rooms of our house that want to listen to music.  My kids are under 10 so don't have an Amazon Account.

Bearing in mind this feature request has been open for 5-6 years now it is a shame that you`ve not properly commented or addressed it.  Gutted.

SylvainM

Speak with your wallet, that's the only thing they understand.  I've cancelled because of this missing feature feature years ago.

frasermu

I know there have been other Ideas posted with Spotify to try and get this fixed, but I thought maybe a new one with a bit more of an implementation suggestion might be worth a try.  Maybe anyone reading this could give this some upvote love:  (1) [Other] Dedicated profile for smart home assistanc... - The Spotify Community

5fj7izv-ln_3o

It's not even just for Alexa and smart home devices. I have a pc running spotify, and it'd sure make sense if anyone's paid spotify account in the Lan could cast to it. But no 😢

Hgwhit

I would love to upgrade to family, but without this functionality, it doesn’t make sense.

MrJalla

It's insane that this has not yet been addressed!

I've been on family plan for years but I am seriously considering switching to another streaming service because of this.

sfili

It seems this possible with amazon music and apple music...

it should be possible with spotify too.

We have 3 children, each with their own DOT, all set to my amazon account (so we can do announcements etc) and a family spotify account. there must be a way we can play different music on each DOT....

Towsey2k2

Im having trouble playingDuo Spotify on my alexa as it keep knocking the other listen of....please help

GelaPed

Also, the kids can't access spotify kids.  I'm cancelling my family subscription as it is of absolutely no use to us.

offbeatmammal

not a perfect solution, but for some people, this idea might help reduce some of the pain (would still love Amazon to allow Spotify to designate music accounts per device not per device owner account)