Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Alexa] Multiple Spotify Accounts for Amazon Echo

My wife and I have our own Spotify accounts. On Amazon Echo, you can create your own profile.  It would be great to link your own Spotify account to your own Amazon Echo account.

Thanks!

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @rskyles thanks for bringing your idea to the Community. As this idea involves a third party we cannot comment on whether this feature is in progress or not. We're marking it as 'Not Right Now', but if we publicly announce this feature is coming we'll update this idea. Thanks!

Comments
Mrmagoo6

Would love this feature. Wife has to play on alexa via blutooth b/c my account is set up. If she logs in to her account on her alexa app it removes my access to play via spotify. 

SimzieNZ

+1

Xatava

This is a big deal for my family too.  So big a deal that Spotify family plan is going bye bye if they cant figure out how to simplify different accounts on different echo devices.

Jaben

Please please please add this feature.

gfsalv6_-87n6

I can't believe you guys haven't resolved this.  The above in no way solvs the problem.  I have multiple spotify accounts on a family plan, I have multiple Alexa devices.  Why can't a different account be linked to each?  It really does defeat the whole purpose!

TehWardy

anyone here in software dev like me ???
Considering writing a simple app that can be run on a home server / ras pi and stuck in a cupboard to listen to and capture the music stream to a local library ... 

Might as well solve this ourselves as spotify aint going to (ah the wonders of open source projects on github)!

sgablh-_5kgu

https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/comments/7vwcro/comment/dtvvlcu

I already have two accounts set up to use with our echos.

We each have our own amazon login linked to our phone's Alexa app. Within the app we each have our own spotify/pandora credentials linked. If I say "alexa switch accounts" then a music command, it will come from the Spotify account linked to that Amazon household profile.

I believe this post explains it as well.

Hope it helps.

/r/amazonecho/comments/7ogjvt/spotify_now_available_for_all_household/

kaystrobach
Problem is, that the device does not instantly appear in the other accounts device list
pucspifo

So I posted on this 2 YEARS ago and there's still no news on fixing the issues aside from "more Amazon accounts"?

That doesn't work. At all. My scenario, which I suspect applies to a fair number of people:

I have a Spotify Family account. Myself, my wife, my mother and 3 kids are all listed as users.

I have an Amazon account, my wife is on there as the other adult family member. I have 3 kids on the account as children. While my wife could get her own Amazon account, my kids cannot. Also, my kids do NOT have their own smart phones/tablets/laptops/PCs/etc. I did set up e-mail addresses for each of them, so they could have Spotify accounts and the like.

I just want to be able to say "Alexa, switch to X's Spotify" or the like, and have X's Spotify account play from the responding Alexa device. Assume that this applies to any smart speaker (Google Home, Sonos, Apple, ...)

I can do this with Amazon Music. I think that this is possible with Google Music on the Home. I suspect that Apple supports it too. Why not Spotify? What is the difficulty in getting this feature? It is quite honestly going to drive me away from Spotify all together. There is nothing more annoying than listening to a song at work and having it stop suddenly because some one at home is playing something and can't switch to their own account.

nerdstalker
Your kids can switch to their own accounts on the echo when using
amazon music? Are they older? Cause Amazon had a rule that kids could not
do this before so i'm wondering how you are doing this.