Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Add the possibility to enable/disable lyric sync and auto-scrolling

Having the lyrics in the app is awesome! However the "karaoke style" highlighting isn't perfect (which is understandable), and when it lags behind or goes too fast it trips me up! So please add an option for users to be able to disable/enable it along with an option for the auto-scrolling (which works fine, but having it optional would be nice as well) 🙂

Updated on 2022-05-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion and changed the title slightly to make it easier to find.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-05-25

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion and changed the title slightly to make it easier to find.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

614Athene

This would be a subtle change that will convenience us hugely. I often find myself reading ahead of the song and the syncing lyrics/"auto scroll" feature stubbornly brings me back to the current verse.

Dinoosauro

Sometimes on the web client the syncing stops somewhere, and there is no way to make the syncing restart. This would also solve that issue

Boazz

Yes this would be so nice