Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Add time synced lyrics

Can we have time synced lyrics, Spotify been in the music game long enough to understand that it's an important feature, most of us leave the app and open a browser just to check the lyrics.

Note:
don't mark this idea as duplicated and link me a to a post that was made 4 years ago, also am not asking for normal lyrics that we already have (behind the lyrics or story line)am asking for Time Synced lyrics just like Apple Music offers.

check the videos to understand what I mean.

or this 

5854D22B-D2C5-484B-BDE9-2BB14CB218F3.png

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
Jpgchief

Absolutely 

This will be really nice.

BDuser

must have this

futandrew

I totally agree with this idea. Almost all music apps are supporting lyrics gradually. Does the Spotify team think this is an unnecessary feature? And ask people to vote? Posts came four years ago already got more than 15000+ votes, is that a still small number to you? 

JackH429

Spotify, 

Congrats on showing off that big d**k energy with the new subscriber data saying that you were "Growing twice as fast as Apple music". So amazing but it is time to seriously consider live lyrics as a standout feature. Apple music is on you tail and Apple isnt one to back down from a fight. You might give away free Google Home mini's and 3 month trials but yall need to watch out for the Apple lurking in the corner. They will deafeat you becuase this isnt their main source of income. So Spotify start looking at these comments and ideas becuase these ideas are golden. Its what the users want, not your investors. And in the grand scheme of things your users feedback is the most essential thing. These little things are what sway people to go from Apple music to spotify and vise versa.

Vocaloidict

Spotify will never implement this. This has been requested since 2016. You know why they won't? Because then they can't drive traffic to genius.com, who gives them money, so vote with your wallets.

I'm going to Apple music

NivenMaberic

Hi,

Personally, I don't think this is such a good idea, I've tried multiple beta versions of this type of concept and the syncronaziation is not correctly timed on 1 out of 2 song, at the very least.

Its not really a necessity, just a shiny toy that'll break easily.

Sincerely,

Niven

Vanor

**** genius.com in the *** look your lyrics up somewhere else, I thought it was due to copyright issues because they used to have this feature back then

davidmikai

This is one of the most IMPORTANT feature but somehow Spotify ignore it. Really hope they will put this new feature on next update VERY SOON. 

DAFRA

@NivenMaberic I agree. That's why it is better to just have lyrics in plain text, not time synced 😉 Look at how CS Music (iOS) has implemented it, toggle lyrics/cover art by tapping. Simple, brilliant.

Hilarius

good Idea, until then: shazam has this feature. Shazam a Song, switch to the Lyrics Tab and voila