Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Add time synced lyrics

Can we have time synced lyrics, Spotify been in the music game long enough to understand that it's an important feature, most of us leave the app and open a browser just to check the lyrics.

Note:
don't mark this idea as duplicated and link me a to a post that was made 4 years ago, also am not asking for normal lyrics that we already have (behind the lyrics or story line)am asking for Time Synced lyrics just like Apple Music offers.

check the videos to understand what I mean.

or this 

5854D22B-D2C5-484B-BDE9-2BB14CB218F3.png

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
Verwolff

So many years and still nothing... Luckily there is Musixmatch your Genius is not what I like.

Jpgchief

It's a shame this status "Not Right Now" I hope it change soon.

JackH429

so I did a thing ... I got the Japanese version of Spotify because I was so fed up about this. Don’t hold your breath because it kinda sucks. For people that don’t know Japan has been the only country to receive lyrics support. Yet, the only issue is that Spotify doesn’t provide these lyrics, the public does. Meaning there is no standardization of the lyrics. Which means the synchronization of the lyrics sucks. The app used to sync the lyrics In Japan is called PetitLyrics Maker, and it might be the crappiest app I’ve ever used. I cannot even begin to explain how difficult it is to add lyrics, let alone syncing them. If this is the route that Spotify is going to take with its global release, I want no part of it.

I just found an excellent sync done for “Circles” by Post Malone. The lyrics are done Karaoke  style meaning each word is synced not the line. And there is a feature that allows you to block out the vocals like true karaoke. (See attached images). It also allows for you to increase and decrease the loudness of the vocals, so it’s comfortable for you. Check this out!!! This might have been done by Spotify staff. 

58E2113D-A668-44E3-9378-76EFC3A1DE35.png

96A469E2-8F91-42DE-9F1A-A203D7FEC983.png

DD7A6FA8-90B5-45E2-B325-BEEE66997881.png

9B5692DA-6C9B-486A-8D26-CA529A3A0491.png

JackH429

I just talked to a support representative, who confirms that lyrics will be available through the artists. Who will be responsible for syncing the lyrics similar to Apple Music. This allows for consistent quality time synced lyrics that provide a better ux. As compared to the Spotify Japan lyrics feature which relied on public participation, which allowed for many inconsistencies and errors.

leonboe1

Even Instagram has time synced lyrics. Why not Spotify? 🧐

JackH429

... bruh read my comments. They will tell you everything you need to know and more. Lyrics are in testing rn, how do I know. Because dead ass I just got lyrics support ... so.  I know a thing or two because I’ve seen a thing or two.

oliverpoetsch

What do you mean? Did you get lyrics support already? I'm in the Android Beta Programme for Spotify and I don't have it yet. What country do you live in?

JackH429

I’m on the iOS alpha, but that is unaffiliated with the lyrics feature. I just so happened to be on of the few to receive lyrics functionality. I live in the United States. I also have lyrics on desktop oddly enough.  In its current state lyrics is not ready for a global release. Numerous songs have been incorrectly synced (which is strange because on the musixmatch app they are correct), others don’t have lyrics yet or haven’t been synced yet. And even songs with completely wrong lyrics displayed. Spotify isn’t taking this feature seriously, and it needs to fix this before release.

mikmason1965

really wth  your killing aspiring singers here, pull your finger out before i pull my fee

paolopgbr

Seriously, this is such a basic thing, spotyify should have had this feature from day 1.