Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Album Art for each Track in a playlist

View as Album List was a great feature. Based on comments I have seen on other forums, I am not the only one who thinks so. Please restore this feature.

Reasons:

1) Images are much easier to see than text. I have reached the age of reading glasses. Before this feature was removed, I could easily find songs / albums in playlists. Now I have to find my glasses beforehand!

2) Images are much more compelling and attractive than text. A picture tells a thousand words etc. The whole look and feel of Spotify is enhanced through the use of album images. Removing them seems like going against good user experience practice.

3) Nostalgia. Although I love Spotify and I firmly believe that subscription is the future of music, I still feel some nostalgia for "possessing" a collection of albums. Displaying album covers reinforces the feeling of having a collection of albums in a playlist.

Note that all three arguments apply equally to desktop and iPad versions of Spotify.

November 2013: Response to the comments from Spotify...

- There is no need for a cmd+G control. All playlists should always display the album cover.

- The Collections product was announced almost a year ago but there is no sign of it.

- A Collections product that simply displays the thousands of albums that I have ever listened to is not a viable solution in my opinion. I would need multiple collections (i.e.. playlists).

May-2014

I have created a new idea http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Display-Album-Cover-on-Your-Music-Songs/idi-p/791029 requesting cover art on your music (and playlists). Please give it your kudos.

July 2015

I note that Apple Music displays album art on playlists on all platforms.

Apple Music.png

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments

-

critesjc

Please bring this back.  Everybody said it best, but this would be a great feature to bring back!

Honestly Google play has album art and the interface is white which makes it even easier on the eyes. Spotify pays no attention to us and removes good features with no good reason or explanation. I don't need hundreds of lines of text. 😤

I think it's time to switch to another service...

charksen

Yes, this is incredibly confusing as you go across platforms, some have it, some don't. Horrible user experience, I have become a detractor of Spotify, next step is to cancel my subscription. 

diogo_maia

Dear Spotify,

Can you please, please restore the albums view???i am trying to flee itunes and you seem to be the best new thing around but not like this otherwise i have a real hard time copying my albums to my android phone, by the way im on a Mac.

albumslide
Daily reminder that this still exists.
einexile

Perhaps we haven't made a good case. I'd like for someone at Spotify to have a look through The Legendary Pink Dots' back catalog and see if they aren't experiencing shooting pains in their wrist and forearm by the time they're finished.

If you keep a lot of playlists and use them mainly with albums, it is really unhelpful to see long lists of songs. I've resorted to just making a new playlist for each album and keeping them in folders. This means 4/5 of my screen space serves no purpose but for me to double click on the first track.

If the feature is so difficult to put back, an alternative might be to allow us more than one Albums listing under Your Music, a tabbed view within that listing, or at least to make it so we can sort this beast manually. The Artists listing needs this even more, as it seems to contain every artist for whom I've ever added a song or an album.

mrdudu
I'm with Google play and ready to move to Spotify if it wasn't for this issue. I need quick access to songs, and the album art makes it easy to find songs on the run. The only bugger with Google play is the layout of the playlist names on the phone app. Each playlist has a large tile of 4 album art pics, which means it takes forever to scroll through all my playlists to find one in particular. I much prefer Spotify's simple playlist name layout, but then I want the album art next to the song. Has Spotify said aything about this issue btw?
ruccola

We REALLY need this back. The "Your music" function doesn't fill this need at all.

I want playlists with "Albums of 2015", "best albums of the eighties", "best synthpop albums", "best metal albums" etc etc. This just simply can't be done with Your Music, and probably will never be. So the easiest way is to just bring album art back to playlists. Voila!

musila

I am a premium user since 1/2 a year now.

I am facing UI problems being discussed in forums like this since years.

My impression so far: Spotify is giving a **bleep** about user feedback.

17 pages of questions asking, begging and finding arguments. But NOTHING happens.

Why does this forum exist then!?

Weak.