Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Album Art for each Track in a playlist

View as Album List was a great feature. Based on comments I have seen on other forums, I am not the only one who thinks so. Please restore this feature.

Reasons:

1) Images are much easier to see than text. I have reached the age of reading glasses. Before this feature was removed, I could easily find songs / albums in playlists. Now I have to find my glasses beforehand!

2) Images are much more compelling and attractive than text. A picture tells a thousand words etc. The whole look and feel of Spotify is enhanced through the use of album images. Removing them seems like going against good user experience practice.

3) Nostalgia. Although I love Spotify and I firmly believe that subscription is the future of music, I still feel some nostalgia for "possessing" a collection of albums. Displaying album covers reinforces the feeling of having a collection of albums in a playlist.

Note that all three arguments apply equally to desktop and iPad versions of Spotify.

November 2013: Response to the comments from Spotify...

- There is no need for a cmd+G control. All playlists should always display the album cover.

- The Collections product was announced almost a year ago but there is no sign of it.

- A Collections product that simply displays the thousands of albums that I have ever listened to is not a viable solution in my opinion. I would need multiple collections (i.e.. playlists).

May-2014

I have created a new idea http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Display-Album-Cover-on-Your-Music-Songs/idi-p/791029 requesting cover art on your music (and playlists). Please give it your kudos.

July 2015

I note that Apple Music displays album art on playlists on all platforms.

Apple Music.png

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
mattycurrie

Please bring this back to the forefront. This is the experience of exploring and playlisting music on spotify. It's incredibly mind boggling that this was a feature that got TAKEN OUT. Please homies @ spotify!! For the love of music.

arwtsy

i love spotify and left apple music for it. but apple music has the artwork in the albums and its the only thing that makes apple music more desirable to me. if you gusy would add the artwork in, it would be amazing! 

74noodles

Seeing albums covers in a huge list is sooooo much easier than trying to read every single song - apple music does this so why can’t Spotify??? 

03-ckyvl_ivh5

Psssss, pssss, Spotify. 

Really. Is not difficult. A new example: Apple Music Web.

When you get tired of eliminating functionalities you start with this.

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-05 a las 22.22.15.png

taylorar

100% agree. Songs should have their album cover icon beside the song. It is easier to find a song when you remember the album and the albums colours visually than reading through the songs. Helps the more visual people. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 12.23.12 PM.png

SusanneKnudsen

Why can't this at least be an option to turn on or off? There are a lot of visually oriented people in the world that would prefer to be able to see the album art to know where exactly in their playlist they are.

03-ckyvl_ivh5

The proof that if they wanted to do this, it is very easy for them.

In IOs (only in IOs, not in the desktop version), if you add a podcast to a playlist (now you can), the covers automatically appear next to the songs in a playlist.

It´s a pity that this option does not exist in the desktop version.

wenk
Ftw Spotify, get on with it. This is, not even slowly, getting ridiculous
StanArles

Indeed, when addind a podcast to a playlist, it activates the album art display for all songs in the playlist. 🙂 so there must be some attribute that enables or disable that behavior. We’re allost done!?

Maybe I’m too optimistic but it ssems like we’re close to get the feature. That would really be awesome.

camereye

I wait for this for something like 5 years now... it is so frustrating, I have too much songs in my playlists now and I hate using it now. There is a lots of complains about this problem on internet, but Spotify doesn't want to listen. It is weird, it is such a basic functionnality. I plan to quit Spotify only for this reason.