Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Allow Pro Users to Opt-Out of A/B Testing

I want to be able to opt-out of Spotify's A/B testing. You've taken away canvas from me, as well as a plethora of other great features in the name of testing.

Please allow at least paying users the ability to opt-out of being in A/B testing groups so I keep the features I'm paying for and have come to expect. This is a horrible user experience for people like me that are paying $15 a month on a family plan and not getting all the features that even my friends on free plans get.

Updated on 2023-03-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status 🙂
Cheers!

Comments
milkmaidmafia

Getting notice about using a test environment beforehand, even make it an option instead of a given - let the people test if they want and put a link to threads like these for the possibility to give feedback. If people are done Testing and do not like the old environment, let them return to the previous version.

• announce test possibility in app
  • let people choose if they want to test
  • give direct instructions where feedback is possible (e.g. this thread)
  • let people return to previous environment (environment prior to testing environment)

This way testing is transparent to everyone, people don’t get upset, where to put feedback is clear, and by people happily staying in the test environment OR switching back to previous environment you can also see how happy people are with the changes.

In the beginning I did not know I am in a testing group, I thought the changes are final, I first found a proposal in the Ideas section to bring something back that was changed for testing purposes, and I had to actively search for a thread where the test was described by Spotify staff to come to the conclusion. That doesn’t seem like good communication between Spotify and its (paying) customers (I also have Premium).

milkmaidmafia

To encourage people for testing, you could think of some cool reward system. Maybe like a cool sign next to the user name.

or walk the users through anticipated changes and features to test. This way people know what’s up and also get curious about testing it out

itayha

don't remove features from accounts at random, give everyone the same experience unless they opt in to have a different non standard experience

for example give me my canvas feature back why would you take it away from a paying loyal customer it's so annoying that I need to look all over the app just to be told that it was taken from me at random for no reason at all why would you do something so unbelievably frustrating and not even bother telling let alone asking 

Vasil
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-03-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status 🙂
Cheers!

not-customer-anymore

After being a customer for as long as I can remember I will now opt out manually from this forced testing. Aka I will try out another service.

toastie97

I'm stuck with that huge blue DJ thing that I never want to use. Based on what I've read and briefly experienced, it is antithetical to everything I use Spotify for which is to curate my own freaking stuff. You already keep forcing the smart-add to the shuffle button. I swear it resets itself. Imagine your dog dies and you have a meditative playlist you've been curating because you know what will destress you. Suddenly, at your weakest, you're relaxing and some piece of incongruent music comes on. Suddenly you try to thrust all this music upon me that I didn't want.Your recommendations used to be cool but then you started forcing them into my home screen more and more and more and more. There used to be a link to go to my playlists. It's gone. I'll probably find where to search my playlist but I don't see it right now haven't for days. I've created three four five hundred playlists. You do not make it easy to browse through them. It's easier for me to go into a cabinet and pull out old mixtapes and mix CDs. Sure you have a business reason for screwing over a long time users so based on your responses back in March sounds like you don't care about your loyal users cuz we don't really give you all that much revenue.