Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Allow Pro Users to Opt-Out of A/B Testing

I want to be able to opt-out of Spotify's A/B testing. You've taken away canvas from me, as well as a plethora of other great features in the name of testing.

Please allow at least paying users the ability to opt-out of being in A/B testing groups so I keep the features I'm paying for and have come to expect. This is a horrible user experience for people like me that are paying $15 a month on a family plan and not getting all the features that even my friends on free plans get.

Updated on 2023-03-24

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status 🙂
Cheers!

Comments
longtimePremium

Absolutely. This has been a horrifying user experience and it is just sheer malpractice to enlist your most loyal paying users to a beta that's really an alpha with about half the functionality.

Elena
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-12-15

Hey @Spaceboy88,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

argcargv

forcing beta is so stupid

Spaceboy88

Really hope this gets addressed by Spotify. It’s really punishing paying users by giving many of us sub-par experiences. 

I still don’t have canvas back, nor do I have the ability yet to update playlist art via mobile. Both features my non-paying friends have. 

thomasmerrilees

I absolutely hate when essentially random changes are made without notice. Please don’t force us into this.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Please provide a way to opt-in to experimental features and functions.  As things stand now, randomly selecting users get caught off guard by potentially unwelcome changes.  The worst part of the current situation is that users have no recourse to address the experiments, except to log a new thread or reply to an existing one on the community.

Without an opt-in mechanism, Spotify risks running off paying customers who will decide that they don't like to be lab rats unwittingly.

osornios
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-06-14

Hey @Spaceboy88 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (180 votes within 6 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to keep sharing your Idea to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

edj99

After this shockingly bad new UI update I feel that this issue really needs addressing. Us loyal, paying users should not be treated like guinea pigs to experiment on with half baked features.

I hate being the first person to experience awful, inconvenient, unwanted changes every other week. I never know what to expect, its difficult to navigate an ever-changing app, and i hate almost every single “experiment” or “update” you guys send my way. I always compare it to my family/friends spotify app and find that everyone else is not being hit with all these constant, annoying changes. I had pandora for ten years and i was super happy with knowing how to use it 100% of the time- if they made small, expected changes they would insert little pop ups on the screen to show you exactly what they changed and how to use it going forward. None of the apps i pay for frustrate me this much or confuse me every day by changing the ******* home screen ui every week. 

Having spotify is like having a roommate that sneaks into your room while you're at work to steal your stuff and rearrange everything.