[All Platforms] Allow gender to be changed after sign up

I first started using Spotify in 2014. I still have and edit playlists from 2014. Now, due to massive dysphoria- I will either a) have to re-do years of playlists,  b) sit and deal with my dysphoria, or c) advocate for change. 

I was 14 and thought I was female. Now I am 19 and male and my gender on Spotify is the same as it was when I was 14 even though that is not the case.  I linked my account through Facebook. I changed my name and my gender on Facebook. Spotify recognizes the name change only when I toggle the privacy settings. 

If Spotify can acknowledge a name change- then it can and should acknowledge a gender change. Spotify, I am asking you to allow your users to adjust their gender even after signing up. 

Updated on 2019-04-18

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-04-18

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Hey there @kwall99,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Keep in mind that you can always edit your Spotify-created account's personal information by heading here. You can then enter your new details and click SAVE.

However, as you noticed, if your account was created through Facebook it won't be possible to update them due to technical reasons. If you'd like, you can always sign up for a new account through Spotify and have your music to your new account by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

If that doesn't help, you can always also reach out to us by following the link here. This way, a member of our support teams will be able to take a look behind the scenes and help you update the gender registered on your Spotify account.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day :)

bornxntuesday

Yes!

Spotify allows you choosing a non-binary gender when you register, but not change it later? That should be different!

irlsteverogers

I made my spotify through facebook and my gender is set to male and was set to male when I signed up, but is set as female on my spotify profile. The same with my email. I don't have the email spotify chose linked with my facebook account and it wasn't linked to my facebook when I made spotify. It's like spotify chose the settings I had on facebook when I first made a FB account even though those details have been changed and updated many times before making spotify. I don't understand why it wouldn't follow what it actually says in my profile :/