Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort List of Playlists alphabetically

How about ordering playlists alphabetically? I'm paying for this service and this feature is the most common and easiest one even for a free music player...

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists alphabetically is now available across devices. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
melrusso
Nope! They are choosing to ignore the huge outcry for this simple fix!

emilyclemson

I think it would be very helpful if when you added a new playlist it just automatically went into alphabetical order so it was easily findable! it is very confusing having it in the order of when it was added as it takes a really long time to find a particular playlist. especially when you have a lot!

LewisJK

Hi Emily,

We have been trying to get grotify to get this problem addressed for ages, the more people that pester them the more chance there is of them doing something. Keep up the pressure and good luck.

Madlaggz

Oh god please, we can move them around manually, but please just let us sort it automatically, it's tedious to do it manually. 

MarshP

1. How is this not already a thing? I came to find out how to do it, not to request it. It's like finding GitHub commits when you want Stackexchange answers.

2. How is this difficult? Especially when it's on the other platforms?

3. Agh!

youseryo

Please allow me to apply sort as a configuration parameter for my playlists.  Clearly we all want it.

*sigh* if necessary have the interns do it while your AI team is creating beautiful new lists.

besideyou2night

Oh my glob! 
Will you add the feature already! It's such a simple one and is a huge QoL improvement!

locutor99

Please please please please
(please please, oh oh)
please, please, please
(please, please, oh oh)
darlin please do oh

- James Brown (not sorted)

MRM1980

If you can sort and easily edit songs within a 'playlist', why doesn't Spotify allow the option to 'drag and drop' or at least alphabetize playlists?  To my knowledge it only stacks playlists based on the order (date/sequence) in which they were orginally created.

LewisJK
You can drag and drop but it is very laborious, keep pestering Spotify to
have them alphabetically organised automatically. So easy for them to do.
Cheers, Lewis