Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort List of Playlists alphabetically

How about ordering playlists alphabetically? I'm paying for this service and this feature is the most common and easiest one even for a free music player...

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists alphabetically is now available across devices. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
tployart

Click on the playlist u want to move and drag to the spot you want it.  Then let go of the mouse and voila...The playlist stays there!  Repat ad hoc

Karen1010

I have been trying to vote for this.  It is ridiculous that this hasn't been taken care of since people have been complaining about this for years.  But the vote button isn't functioning.  I was just told by chat that this idea is still under consideration because it hasn't received enough votes.  I wonder why, when at least some of us are unable to vote for it.  Plus, why would something so obvious need votes???  Really????

Karen1010

I now have been able to vote but want to say that it is not enough to be able to manually move the playlists into alpha order.  There needs to be a "sort" function.

mc-canada
how do you use SPOTIFY in a car?
mc-canada
How do you use Spotify in a car?

stockba
funny
tqmaf00705

Why I can not have playlists ordered alfabetically ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are they orderd ransomly on my computer and alfabetically on my tablet ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dynavoice-DE

Because Spotify doesn't give a darn **bleep** about their paying "premium" customers. If I hadn't made such large amount of playlists I just would have cancelled my premium status - and that's just the problem! If you 've used Spotify for a longer time your playlist have grown, and that makes you hold on...

LewisJK
You are absolutely right. Well said.
AntiSilence
I save albums as playlists, so this option is not something I want to be
doing for the amount of playlists I have, when a simple sort should be
implemented. It's not rocket science, it's sorting a list, one of the basic
tasks of computer programming.