Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Announce Song Name and Artist

Sometimes am listening to Spotify and I want to know what I am listening to, but I cannot check what it is. There should be a setting that when you enable it, the computer reads the artist, album, and song name to you.

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-06-26

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Yes! Please bring this idea to fruition! It could be as simple as having the computer's built-in speech-to-text software read it. 

OunaneRiccardo

Please foresee this feature, thx.

Great accessibility function

Drhunterp

I would love love love this. Especially now that we are using smart speakers, itd be great if it announced it before starting to play if u enable the option.

itlrc

It would be a great improvement especially for devices without a screen to display song information (or difficult to read)  and users listening random music (that they don't recognize).

Dex66

I am often listening to Spotify (yard work, working out, etc.) and I don't have the ability to look at my phone to see what song is playing. I think it would be great to have an option that you can enable/disable song announcement before each song. Maybe a sub-option of whether it announces on top of the song (like radio DJs do) or before the song starts.

idbellisario

Would really appreciate this feature, because I am listening to my mix of the week while doing sport. And that is just one example. I would also like to have the option to choose between 3 options: Read it before the song is played, read it afterwards, and both. Hope to see this option in the future. Best.

Burgsmondo

There are numerous requests for this feature. Come on Spotify, please implement it!

7hexagons

I was tired of digging my phone out of my pocket to look at the track info whilst running so I built an Android app.

Here's the app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sevenhexagons.announcerforspotify

It isn't perfect but it does what I need.

It is £2.99 on Google Play but I have some promotion codes that make it free. I'm happy to give these away to anyone that doesn't mind reviewing the app on the store or sending me a message with some critical feedback so that I can make the app better. Please PM me if you're interested.