[All Platforms] Announce Song Name and Artist

Sometimes am listening to Spotify and I want to know what I am listening to, but I cannot check what it is. There should be a setting that when you enable it, the computer reads the artist, album, and song name to you.

Updated on 2018-06-26

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-26

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

scottyburford

Yes! Please bring this idea to fruition! It could be as simple as having the computer's built-in speech-to-text software read it. 

OunaneRiccardo

Please foresee this feature, thx.

MalcomXDragon
Music Fan

Great accessibility function

Drhunterp

I would love love love this. Especially now that we are using smart speakers, itd be great if it announced it before starting to play if u enable the option.

itlrc
Casual Listener

It would be a great improvement especially for devices without a screen to display song information (or difficult to read)  and users listening random music (that they don't recognize).

Dex66

I am often listening to Spotify (yard work, working out, etc.) and I don't have the ability to look at my phone to see what song is playing. I think it would be great to have an option that you can enable/disable song announcement before each song. Maybe a sub-option of whether it announces on top of the song (like radio DJs do) or before the song starts.

idbellisario
Casual Listener

Would really appreciate this feature, because I am listening to my mix of the week while doing sport. And that is just one example. I would also like to have the option to choose between 3 options: Read it before the song is played, read it afterwards, and both. Hope to see this option in the future. Best.

Burgsmondo

There are numerous requests for this feature. Come on Spotify, please implement it!