[All Platforms] Announce Song Name and Artist

Sometimes am listening to Spotify and I want to know what I am listening to, but I cannot check what it is. There should be a setting that when you enable it, the computer reads the artist, album, and song name to you.

Updated on 2018-06-26

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-26

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

scottyburford

Yes! Please bring this idea to fruition! It could be as simple as having the computer's built-in speech-to-text software read it. 

OunaneRiccardo

Please foresee this feature, thx.

MalcomXDragon
Music Fan

Great accessibility function

Drhunterp

I would love love love this. Especially now that we are using smart speakers, itd be great if it announced it before starting to play if u enable the option.

itlrc
Casual Listener

It would be a great improvement especially for devices without a screen to display song information (or difficult to read)  and users listening random music (that they don't recognize).

Dex66

I am often listening to Spotify (yard work, working out, etc.) and I don't have the ability to look at my phone to see what song is playing. I think it would be great to have an option that you can enable/disable song announcement before each song. Maybe a sub-option of whether it announces on top of the song (like radio DJs do) or before the song starts.

idbellisario
Casual Listener

Would really appreciate this feature, because I am listening to my mix of the week while doing sport. And that is just one example. I would also like to have the option to choose between 3 options: Read it before the song is played, read it afterwards, and both. Hope to see this option in the future. Best.