Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Announce Song Name and Artist

Sometimes am listening to Spotify and I want to know what I am listening to, but I cannot check what it is. There should be a setting that when you enable it, the computer reads the artist, album, and song name to you.

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
garlicfreeman
That's great news! Problem is I've got an iPhone. Anyway I hope it goes
well for you. It sounds great.
Ariitehau

It's been a long time since this feature has poped but still nothing from Spotify... Please do something about it. It would be so nice to have it. For everybody !!!! Please ! It has already be done by someone so it's not that hard to be done.

SariSarolta

I miss this feature so much. Especially when I'm discovering new music, I'm constantly looking at my phone which is terrible if I'm doing something else. Also for an app this big you should have voice feedback to make it accessible to blind folk. 

jamotaylor

Yeah would be great when listening on Bluetooth speaker/headphones and not near my phone. Would also be nice to enable just when specific devices are connected.

jmachonis

I would prefer to be able to say "Song" and have it tell me the title and the artist. Then if i say "More" it tells me the album and the songwriter.  I often listen to playlists while on my long bike rides.  

Cisc

Can you please provide an update on the above? I believe it has reached the necessary amount of kudos to be considered. 

erdenger

I have been looking for this feature for years. It would be the number 1 feature that I would be using while discovering new music, which I do ALL THE TIME.
I remember seeing this post... around  2 years ago.
There are 10 thousands of your subscribers like me with the same question. 
And still nothing? Not even a message saying we're out for coffee for the foreseeable future? 
Spotifiy, This is absolutely ridiculous.
It seems to me that you simply don't give a bat's upside down ass about your community.
Prove me wrong!

garlicfreeman

This is certainly getting ridiculous. There is not a single update. At least they could say that they won't implement it, but not a peep. Some one else, several years ago, posted a similar suggestion to Spotify, and they turned it down because it didn't get over 100 likes per year. This one certainly is over the threshold, so I imagine it is relatively popular among the community.

timothyroe

YES!!!

Pitito

Will be kind of oldies radio experiencia of getting to know a new artist